Some changes happening in the Marketplace

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
APS members,

Whilst reflecting on the following thread I started thinking about ways that APS Admin could try and minimise situations like this occurring again.
Therefore, in addition to the excellent advice already offered by our members, I have decided to implement some changes. While these changes are relatively small, if used effectively I think they will have a huge impact to the experience members have using the Marketplace.

The changes so far:

• All new registrations are manually screened and rejected where applicable. Full name & location are required for registration. While this isn't 100% foolproof against fake names, needless to say that Barney Rubble who lives in Your Mum will be rejected every time. Here is an example of the latest signups & rejections....

Signups.JPG

• A new anti-spam system was implemented last week. This has been rigorously tested and thus far is working as expected. Whilst this doesn't affect the Marketplace experience so much, NO spam makes for a much happier APS experience in general.

• The state prefix has now been forced. This means that the thread creator must choose which state they are located in before the thread can be created. A new SOLD prefix has also been added so that when the item/animals have been sold the thread can be updated accordingly.

• Perhaps the most visible change is the implementation of a new "Trusted Seller" banner. The general purpose of this is to let an uninformed member know they can buy with confidence. This will appear under your username where applicable. Some of you have already been awarded this banner, as I have quickly gone through recent users and chosen whom I know to be worthy of it. This is a manual system meaning it has to be approved and awarded by myself or Stu. Any sellers who don't have the banner but feel they would like it can contact me and I will review and adjust accordingly.

Going forward, I would like to encourage sellers to have their buyers leave feedback in the relevant threads. That way other members can view this and make an informed decision. For this purpose, I will be deleting any non essential posts ("any left?", "where ya from?", etc.) on a regular basis.

Last edited:
Nice work Rob. While you're tweaking things can I make a suggestion ?
Can we have a couple more buttons to react with ? Fakebook has like ,laugh, love,sad etc. I don't think we need as many as they have but sometimes like just isn't enough.
Cheers Rick.

Nice work Rob. While you're tweaking things can I make a suggestion ?
Can we have a couple more buttons to react with ? Fakebook has like ,laugh, love,sad etc. I don't think we need as many as they have but sometimes like just isn't enough.
Cheers Rick.

That is something I've been looking into. Will keep you posted.

Excuse me Rob, but just out of curiosity, is there a way to delete your own account? You know, like a self destruct button. Or once your on the forum there's no turning back?

Excuse me Rob, but just out of curiosity, is there a way to delete your own account? You know, like a self destruct button. Or once your on the forum there's no turning back?

Only Admin can do that. We can suspend (ban) the account so that you can no longer login, all your posts will remain but you will have a BANNED banner under your name. This can be reversed. The other way is to delete your account altogether. Your posts will still remain but they will be attributed to "Guest". This can't be reversed.

Only Admin can do that. We can suspend (ban) the account so that you can no longer login, all your posts will remain but you will have a BANNED banner under your name. This can be reversed. The other way is to delete your account altogether. Your posts will still remain but they will be attributed to "Guest". This can't be reversed.
OK, thanks Rob :)

Just a reminder - As per the OP, full name & location are required for registration. If your profile doesn't meet this basic requirement, any posts you make will be automatically deleted until this is rectified.

Therefore, if you have recently made posts which have been deleted please contact me with the relevant info so that your profile can be updated accordingly.

Nice emojis now we need every Aussie Varanus species
[automerge]1610876631[/automerge]
Not to mention every species of Pogona.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back