Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's some of my colubrids.. :)
aguse9yg.jpg

be5ade4y.jpg

2eny3a9y.jpg
ga7yby2y.jpg
ma7a6ugu.jpg
e7y9yjyt.jpg

Anyone been tagged by a bts??

Yes I've been nailed a couple of times, once a chewing bite on the webbing between my thumb and forefinger, and definitely with a fang. I have never had any more reaction than an itch that lasted 24 hours or so. That said I know of one person who had a bad reaction, but he has sustained many venomous bites and may be sensitised. In my case I cannot be certain I was evenomated on any bite. Dry bites in elapids are common and it's probably the case in opisthoglyphous (rear fanged) colubrids as well. Over all I think BTS are a good intro to venomous snakes. They're feisty (gives you practice in not getting bitten) and if you get tagged the consequences are probably, in MOST cases, insignificant. BUT if you do get tagged, anaphylaxis (severe, potentially life threatening, allergic reaction) is always a possibility and you probably need to very carefully monitor your reaction and CALL AN AMBULANCE if you start to have any major reaction.

Last edited:
Any one that has Colubrids should get Scott Eipers new book keeping and breeding Elapids and Colubrids, i've read it and it has heaps of good info.
Was very happy with it.

Any one that has Colubrids should get Scott Eipers new book keeping and breeding Elapids and Colubrids, i've read it and it has heaps of good info.
Was very happy with it.

Thanks for that Jason.. Added to my Christmas list..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back