Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i love this one .......

Attachments

• DSC_2123_wm.JPG
    DSC_2123_wm.JPG
    181.3 KB · Views: 176
do many people breed/keep the tree snakes?
they seam to be few and far between.. but i cold be looking in the wrong places
im considering getting a pair of common/green tree snakes. i do really like the blue morphs
do the different color morphs have different price tags?
in general what are they worth ?

BTW very nice photos from everyone *drools*

my new blacky blue tree snake!

blacktreesnake.jpg

They don't call them Slaty for nothin! Wish they were always this colour, not just during a shed.

P1000020.jpg

P1000018.jpg

This thread needs to be brought back from the dead....c'mon people give the stinky snakes the credit they deserve!

my avatar is really my best pic (im a terrible photographer with a cheap camera) how do you all afford such good cameras and a good collection?

d. punctulata (gold phase) and h.erectus (sye phase) I am told that this is what is called a myspace photo, by the person who took it.
camera 003.jpg
d.punctulata (blue phase) at the end of feeding time and just before a shed
camera 013.jpg

d.punctulata (blue phase) chillin with the numerous crumbs on the kitchen bench
camera 027.jpg

i can never have too many colubrids, so send me all of yours.

Nice snakes Syeph...can I ask where you got both your D. punctulata from? PM me if you like.

Tree snakes are awesome! I love how varied the colors can be.
Do they require anything special to look after them? Im used to keeping pythons. Whats max size they grow? How big of an enclosure do you need?
Ive tried looking for a care sheet but no luck. And whats with the smell of them? Do they release a smell when aggravated or just smell all the time?
Any other info would be great too!

Cool thread with some great shots (especially Stewart's and Matt's, which are always lovely).

NQ Boiga:

boigaweb1copy.jpg

I know it's not Australian, but hey, it's a "colubrid" (Ahaetulla prasina):

prasina.jpg

Not wishing to stir up a hornet's nest, but in response to the earlier question about whether or not keelbacks are venomous, I suspect they actually are. Perhaps their bites aren't "medically significant" to humans, but I'd be very surprised if any Australian "colubrids" were totally without venom.

Hey, Mattsnake, once again - love that pic of your smiley little guy on your carpet :)

Cool thread with some great shots (especially Stewart's and Matt's, which are always lovely).

Not wishing to stir up a hornet's nest, but in response to the earlier question about whether or not keelbacks are venomous, I suspect they actually are. Perhaps their bites aren't "medically significant" to humans, but I'd be very surprised if any Australian "colubrids" were totally without venom.

well you got one hornets attention :p CTS dont actually have a rear fang, and therefor cannot inject venom. jury is still out on whether they have venom glands (useless as they would be) or not. i have heard two completely different stories from two completely different, usually knowledgable people. either way it makes no difference if they can produce it or not, they still cant use it.

more pics

IMG_0442.jpgIMG_0374.jpgIMG_0371.jpgIMG_0319.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back