Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if I've posted these pics b4.

Attachments

• DSC_0337.jpg
    DSC_0337.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 166
  • DSC_0038.jpg
    DSC_0038.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 169
  • DSC_0070.jpg
    DSC_0070.jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 171
  • DSC_0040.jpg
    DSC_0040.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:
Stunning tigers fella's. Here's one of mine.
addersexing006.jpg

Hi all
I saw A really wicked looking black Tiger snake browsing this thread the other night that was fully flared out and had A close up pic taken from below. If anyone recognizes this picture can they please point me in the direction of the owner. I want to ask if I can have it enlarged and hang it in my herp room. Sorry for the crap description lol but it seemed to be A stand out pic. I will be trolling through 201 pages now lol
Thanks

never seen an inland taipan that orange and that's a stunning barkley death adder

Any one seen a baby Dajarra like this before ? CRAZY !!! Thought it was scaleless at first sight but it's not..... Any ideas as to what's going on here....

458123_10151737273005335_683870334_24536196_939623009_o.jpg

Last edited:
That Chappells a beauty. If you can imagine the last 2/3rds being black you will get some idea of the westerns I was eluding to in another thread.

How much work is there in maintaing your pits compared to a standard enclosure with newspaper getarealdog?
Does it actually cut down the amount of work after initial set up?

Last edited:
I guess a outdoor pit is never going to be as clean as a cage. I check all pits at least 5times a week & spot clean where needed. If time is lacking I'll tub the animals to feed them & then give the pit a bit of a clean, pull out turds, sheds, water & give the rocks & sides of pit a bit of a scrub. Also pull out the dead vegetation & give the ground a bit of a rake over. Now that all animals are inside (may-august, roofline of house blocks any sun to them) I'll give the pits a good "make-over" before the animals go back in. Never had any shedding issues or mite issues in the pits (maybe to cold for them to survive). I think it cuts down the time a fair bit but that may be because of multiple animals housed in them. Most of my adult tigers & rbb's (all juvies) are housed in tubs till the sun comes back to the pits. All males are now being cooled so maintenance for them is low, females to be cooled next month. I think it gets back to having a routine & sticking to it. Don't mine putting the time in for the sake of the animals, & the reward is observing them going about there business. Next plan is pits & tubs to be out the back so animals can have access to winter sun & I'll have no need to drag them inside. Yes I have no life! Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back