Some Locales from around my area.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pythons73

Very Well-Known Member
Banned
Reaction score
Heres a few different species i commonly find around my area,first is a Blue-tongue,then a Lacie and 2 Toads that were playing dead,then a baby Small Eye and lucky last a Eastern Cobra,i mean Marsh snake,enjoy

Last edited:
the lacie is mad as along with the marsh snake. great pics!

Why call them locales? Firstly your area is one locality making it locale singular and secondly they are 'species' not locales.

Anyway I like the marsh snake. :lol:

Basically Waruikazi i was saying that they are locales to my area,i realise i shouldve said,some locale species,but hey,whos perfect.What would you like to see Ryan.

Basically Waruikazi i was saying that they are locales to my area,i realise i shouldve said,some locale species,but hey,whos perfect.What would you like to see Ryan.

Aaah so it was a spelling mistake not a syntactic or grammatical error. You meant locals as in 'I'm going to have a beer at the local pub.'

Not locales as in 'This is a locale specific trait.'

Boy do i feel a little lulzy :lol:

I think your "cane toads" are Pseudophryne bibroni unless there is another genera that have strongly marbled bellies?

Exactly Waruikazi,those toad looking things,theres quiet a few up here,i find them under damp wood etc,they have a b-w pattern on the belly.No idea of their name.

Red Backed Toadlet, though not a toad, but don't feed them to anything, it will drop dead just as fast

Attachments

• xzy.jpg
    xzy.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 50
These ones up here do not have a red back,the are dark brown,greyish colour with a b-w belly.

Google Pseudophryne bibroni and see what you think.

The lacy is awesome. I wish some animals would show up near my yard. I hope they aren't cane toads you have there pythons73. I've never seen one here, don't want to know they already bred and spread.

they are probably red backed toadlets, some of them are brown backed so I dont see why they are all called red backed toadlets :lol: you havnt been killing them thinking there cane toads have you mark? :lol:

also have they got poisen glands aswell? thanks.

Mark , good size bells ,, you see many bells where your at ?. ive seen them at coffs , tamworth .. but around say old bar , wingham , mount george all been lace type pattern ones ive seen . how much you think that one would weigh ?10kgs? those frog things are strange to :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back