Some of my collection (pic heavy)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OHH I SOOOOO want to move to Scotland!!!!!!!!! taht pic of your hedgehog on its back looks like it's winking!!!!!

thats gross how they spit on them selves...lol but very cute without the 'spit'..

I don't know alot about exotics or hybrids so what is a BRB? It looks awesome!

talking about exotic's i am also very excited about one of our royals ..Since jan we have been putting our Spider and a pastel morph males in with our royal named Princess..after keeping us waiting 6 months she decided to drop some egg's.. she laid 9 egg's in total one out side her coil's all look healthy and she never used her nest box which she had a choice of two.. one with moss and the other with vermic but deciced newspaper was best lol ..she last wieghed in at 2179g and after dropping eggs 1386g bless her..i am soo excited to see who the father is but now all going well i have to wait another 30 days as today we are half way through the 60 day incubation period!! lol grrr am so impatient keep peering in the incubator

dscn1065s.jpg

Schroom's

Got zoo??

Awesome! Thanks for sharing. I've really enjoyed viewing and reading about all your critters. So much variety. I bet there is something interesting going on every day!

That's an incredible collection, it must be like a zoo at your place. I used to live in Texas where there were plenty of Skunks, unfortunatley most of the ones I saw were road kill. You would always smell them before you saw them even when they were dead.

it is amazing having all these animals but hard work looking after it all too more a labour of love juggling work, animals plus the cost of keeping such a collection also not being able to travel or go holidays etc.. What’s more funny is when you go to the Zoo i come home disappointed as my house is much more interesting lol...road kill skunks i have heard a lot of stories of people hitting skunks with their car's which might not do much actual damage to the vehicle itself it’s the skunks mercaptan that can have lasting effects as it can make its way in to the air con unit in the car and as it is kind of greasy it is almost impossible to get rid of odour from the vehicle

That's an incredible collection, it must be like a zoo at your place. I used to live in Texas where there were plenty of Skunks, unfortunatley most of the ones I saw were road kill. You would always smell them before you saw them even when they were dead.

[QUOTE i have heard a lot of stories of people hitting skunks with their car's which might not do much actual damage to the vehicle itself it’s the skunks mercaptan that can have lasting effects as it can make its way in to the air con unit in the car and as it is kind of greasy it is almost impossible to get rid of odour from the vehicle[/QUOTE]

Yes I don't doubt it, sometimes you would drive past and not see anything but you know a Skunk had been killed there due to the powerful smell. It's something you would never forget.

Hey Schroomy,

Just looking at the picture of your pouched rat. I remembered seeing that they are used in bomb detection in Africa. They must be highly intelligent, what are they like as pets?

See: Pouched rats or Police rats....?!!

Hey Schroomy,

Just looking at the picture of your pouched rat. I remembered seeing that they are used in bomb detection in Africa. They must be highly intelligent, what are they like as pets?

See: Pouched rats or Police rats....?!!

Hi Anouc,

they are trully intellegent animals and the mine and lab work they do is amazing.. they also make amazing pets Millie our gambian pouch rat loves attention and fuss and can be very demanding if she is not stimulated with plenty of attention.. she also gets very annoyed if we feed marley our iggy first lol she hates it and squalks her head off if we by pass her with the food and feed him lol she is a funny beast and the amount of food they can pack away in those pouchies is incredible i have seen whole banana's grapes pouched till she looked like a different animal altogether.. here are a couple of interesting vid's that show some of the amazing work these animals can do

[video=youtube;s_E7hvRRmgE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_E7hvRRmgE[/video]

[video=youtube;KoRvdyuHxdE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoRvdyuHxdE&feature=related[/video]

Schroom's

What an amazing commection you have. I would love to have those Royals, hogs, skunks and BRB's!

Times like this I sometimes really wish we were allowed these beautiful animals here.

SKUNKS and HEDGEHOGS I SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WOULD WANT ....oh and love all ya collection with exception of that 8 legged hairy thing that I will leave out ..me and spiders are a no go zone ;)

what wonderful pics of your animals !!

Thank you so much for sharing

We MUST see pics of the babies when they are bigger

Elizabeth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back