Some of my venomous snakes

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crotalid

Reaction score
Just a random assortment of some of my collection.
hyjyny8u.jpg

ugyrageb.jpg

parypaja.jpg
ysamuruq.jpg
y2a2uvyn.jpg
y6uvyqy6.jpg
y5ade9em.jpg
arymy7uz.jpg
nyzu8u5a.jpg
qebynare.jpg

Sorry if the quality is reduced by the app!

Wow!!!! Great photos! And what amazing snakes!!!! Thanks for teasing..i mean sharing!!

What's species is that green guy having a feed?

no not that way its just mainly the gaboon the little temper that they have and how aggressive they are they are a really nice snake and also very jelly keep them coming

no not that way its just mainly the gaboon the little temper that they have and how aggressive they are they are a really nice snake and also very jelly keep them coming

Their temper should have nothing to do with it, and from what I understand most bitis don't move around too much, so I'm not really sure what you're talking about.

Nice snakes OP, jealous of the gaboon forsure, do you keep rhinos?

Cobra is so fast reptile park had there cobra out last Friday, I though any snake was fast but cobra was like fast x10. You'd have to be so careful and fast do you keep them in a special room clear of obstacles ? Can imagine it chasing you around the room

sorry but your asking to get bitten especially with the gaboon viper and cobra but love them all such nice colours

Why would any ven keeper be asking to get bitten??
Most are 100 times more careful than python keepers or there would be bodies everywhere
Good ven keepers never get complacent and simply cannot afford to get tagged so they dont get tagged
That is far removed from python keepers who are always bragging about how often or badly they were bitten

[I keep pythons etc, but have the greatest respect for ven keepers as they are usually in a class of their own]

Cobras seldom bite in captivity and only strike in one direction
Gaboons are explosive but usually telegraph a hit
trickiest one there might be the white lip as they defend themselves very strongly

Very nice snakes it's good seeing snakes like them. But it's very depressing knowing I will probably never see any of them

Very nice animals mate. That Cobra looks so tiny and cute beside the anti-perspirant!

Thank you to everyone for your kind words :)

What's species is that green guy having a feed?

White lip pit viper - Trimeresurus albolabris

Out of all my snakes, the Gaboons are the easiest to deal with. No temper what so ever, i've had mine for 7 months now, and between the two of them, they have only struck twice at me - both times from the female on the same day. The most 'difficult' snake to handle are my white lips, they're cranky at the best of times.

Why would any ven keeper be asking to get bitten??
Most are 100 times more careful than python keepers or there would be bodies everywhere
Good ven keepers never get complacent and simply cannot afford to get tagged so they dont get tagged
That is far removed from python keepers who are always bragging about how often or badly they were bitten

[I keep pythons etc, but have the greatest respect for ven keepers as they are usually in a class of their own]

Cobras seldom bite in captivity and only strike in one direction
Gaboons are explosive but usually telegraph a hit
trickiest one there might be the white lip as they defend themselves very strongly

Definitely, my white lips are the worst by a long mile.

Disagree on the Gaboons telegraphing a hit though, they don't give any sign what so ever when they're about to strike. I'm still amazed at feeding time, when they explode out of no where, especially when i wasn't expecting it ;)

Very nice snakes it's good seeing snakes like them. But it's very depressing knowing I will probably never see any of them

It is a shame i guess for you guys in AUS. But don't some Zoo's keep exotic venomous?

- - - Updated - - -

Cobra is so fast reptile park had there cobra out last Friday, I though any snake was fast but cobra was like fast x10. You'd have to be so careful and fast do you keep them in a special room clear of obstacles ? Can imagine it chasing you around the room

To be honest, if i have her out she will stand her ground if i provoke her. But 99% of the time she will just try and find somewhere to hide. They're quick i guess, but i don't think they're anywhere near as quick as some of the aussie elapids.

Very nice animals mate. That Cobra looks so tiny and cute beside the anti-perspirant!

Tell me about it! She's a little Indochinese spitting cobra (Naja siamensis) in case anyone was wondering.

Hells bells those are some gorgeous snakes you have there mate. I have always wanted to see a White Lipped in real life.

My uncle has Gaboon Vipers back in South Africa and describes them pretty much as you do. Laid back until they explode into action during feeding time

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back