Some of my venomous snakes

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Completely agree cobras are easy to hook and tail compared to most elapids
Plus they only strike in one direction
Thats why they use them in snake shows

Crotalid
We run a slightly different service here
If we charged 1 cent to relocate snakes people would think its easier to just kill the snake
[they dont understand that most bites come when people try to catch or kill snakes]

At present we get zero funding except from my pocket but some people make donations when we help them out so it doesnt cost me too much
Best part is teaching kids in local schools about leaving snakes alone
We walk in with a few snakes and 100 terrified kids
2 hours later 95 of them will have touched or held a snake and just gone WOW
Where we can we leave a viv and snake for the kids to look after for a few months
Kids that have looked after a snake will never go out and kill them in future

Really? I volunteer at the Cairns Zooo with the reptiles, and the Cobras they have their are by no means slow lol

When you are comparing cobras to vipers and adders, they are noticably slower.

I wasn't aware Cairns Zoo had cobras, how long have they had those?

Last edited:
When did qld reverse the no exotic venomous rule? Smell something dodgey... A volley working "cobras" in Cairns Zoo

When did qld reverse the no exotic venomous rule? Smell something dodgey... A volley working "cobras" in Cairns Zoo

Ah firstly did I ever say I was handling them um... no I didn't, volunteers just basically do food and cleaning for pythons, and occasionally give a small speal to little groups od vistors about native pythons. And I also think your reply was quite rude

Young fella I find your lies rude, there are no cobras at C.T. Zoo.

Would you like to enlighten me then at what I have seen for the past 3 months?

Ok I will play...what species of cobra is there at the zoo. Where did they come from. What other exotic vens do they have

Last edited:
I have no idea what species they are, I mean like I seen them around and they look like a cobra to me, obvious my knowledge of snakes is still being expanded however I feel confident I should know what the most iconic snake looks like.

Anyway im working there tomorrow, and shall check with Senior handler

Crotalid
If we charged 1 cent to relocate snakes people would think its easier to just kill the snake
[they dont understand that most bites come when people try to catch or kill snakes]

At present we get zero funding except from my pocket but some people make donations when we help them out so it doesnt cost me too much
Where we can we leave a viv and snake for the kids to look after for a few months

Amazing stuff mate! :D

They're slower in terms of striking. But movement wise cobras are faster than vipers.

However, i still don't think they're that fast. They're easily managed.

- - - Updated - - -

Crotalid

the white lipped is awesome. sick snakes

thanks!

How does that work, exactly ? I mean, do you go to a zoo or something and clock on, say, 2 hrs experience, or is it something else entirely ?
My mentor has a facility I go to once or twice a week. He logs my hours. The one who is teaching you has to have there permit through California.

My mentor has a facility I go to once or twice a week. He logs my hours. The one who is teaching you has to have there permit through California.

Interesting stuff. Is a fee involved in this mentoring, or is it all done for the love of herps ?

is that second last pic a saw-scaled? :O Amazing pictures dude, Would be awesome to own/work with some of the worlds most amazing reptiles :)

Ooops Haha, Just out of curiousness, What is the Cobra like? I've seen Viperkeepers videos and they are absolutely energy packed and Crazy. :?

Great pics mate, love green vipers, if we could keep exotics it would add green viper or a sidewinder.....
Keep the great pics coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back