Some of my venomous snakes

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I much prefer bagging cobras to most Aussie elapids
You can stir them up to get them going
But most of the time they are pretty easy to bag
Best part is they cant tag you from any direction like tigers etc
Small ones go off a lot more than adults

I much prefer bagging cobras to most Aussie elapids
You can stir them up to get them going
But most of the time they are pretty easy to bag
Best part is they cant tag you from any direction like tigers etc
Small ones go off a lot more than adults

Yeah, cobras are pretty straight forward if you know what you're doing. From an outsiders view they look menacing because of their posture etc!

Great pics mate, love green vipers, if we could keep exotics it would add green viper or a sidewinder.....
Keep the great pics coming

Thanks! The white lips are nice, but rattlesnakes are my favourite by far. Going to try and accumulate as many species as I possibly can over the next couple of years. A few are protected however and aren't already in captivity which is a shame!

Ooops Haha, Just out of curiousness, What is the Cobra like? I've seen Viperkeepers videos and they are absolutely energy packed and Crazy. :?

They can be fast, and flip out quite a bit. But generally calm down as they get older, my little girl at the moment is a nut case but only if you provoke her. She will rather try and get away to hide. She's come after me a few times which is quite endearing.

Depends on the snake to be honest though, some are crazy, some wont ever hood. But on the whole if you know what you're doing cobras aren't that hard, apart from a few species which can be more challenging.

Love the way the Gaboon eats, keeping the prey off the ground.
This natural feeding habit must come in handy in a captive environment, keeping wet rodents off the substraits.
Also I think N. siamensis is my favourite of all the spitters
Nice pics Crotalid.

Love the way the Gaboon eats, keeping the prey off the ground.
This natural feeding habit must come in handy in a captive environment, keeping wet rodents off the substraits.
Also I think N. siamensis is my favourite of all the spitters
Nice pics Crotalid.

Exactly! It's a big help lol. It's probably my favourite spitter too, although I do really like samarensis also!

Thanks!

Last edited:
Young fella I find your lies rude, there are no cobras at C.T. Zoo.

Agree there are no exotics there to the best of my knowledge. The only snake I could think of that could be mistaken as a cobra is a red belly black snake because they have fat necks sort of but you would still have to squint pretty hard. Lol

- - - Updated - - -

Beautiful snakes by the way OP. I hope to see more of them in the future.

Exactly! It's a big help lol. It's probably my favourite spitter too, although I do really like samarensis also!

Thanks!

Have a mate with N Sumateras
Although Im not that fond of any spitters his are jet black all over and pretty stunning

i dont think i have the patience for venomous snakes, maybe one day because they are gorgeous. good on you

Thanks, what do you mean by patience?

Have a mate with N Sumateras
Although Im not that fond of any spitters his are jet black all over and pretty stunning

To be honest mate, give me any cobra and il be happy lol. Not really sure what my favourite one is, I quite the the sumatrana too. I like the beige coloured ones Viperkeeper has, they have a mad attitude though - make mine look like a corn snake!

Crotalid, do you have to option to keep Hemachatus at all in the UK?

well trying to get my pythons out for a clean and trying really hard not to get bitten, i lose patience especially with the younger ones and just take the bite, eventually they learn that in not going to hurt them and stop but from what i know doing that with venomous snakes shortens your life expectancy a little :D

Holy Moly.
Scary but very cool Snakeys. Thanks for sharing mate

Crotalid, do you have to option to keep Hemachatus at all in the UK?

Anything i want :)

It's one of my favourite snakes. Definitely will look to get some next year or the year after.

well trying to get my pythons out for a clean and trying really hard not to get bitten, i lose patience especially with the younger ones and just take the bite, eventually they learn that in not going to hurt them and stop but from what i know doing that with venomous snakes shortens your life expectancy a little :D

Ah yes, it would shorten it slightly haha!

Holy Moly.
Scary but very cool Snakeys. Thanks for sharing mate

Beautiful Animals. I personally am not interested in vens, each to their own, but I can see the attraction, I would love to see them for real so thanks for the pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back