Some of my venomous snakes

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. Just wow. These are so amazing and beautiful. Thank you for sharing these photos - the tiny cobra is a real cutie :)

Wow. Just wow. These are so amazing and beautiful. Thank you for sharing these photos - the tiny cobra is a real cutie :)

Thank you :) sorry didn't mean to ignore you! She is lovely isn't she, very nervous little thing, just wants to hide all the time lol.

gabbyfemale5_zps3f5a154d.jpg

Gabbymale4_zps1fcafe22.jpg

gabbyfemale4_zps63c77d71.jpg

Gabbyfemale_zpsef7bac1b.jpg

gabbymale6_zps7c0fa297.png

Now you are just teasing :) You have some gorgeous snakes there mate, well done

Still no reply about the Cobras at Cairns Zoo yet......and that post was in October...and it's now 5th November.....Anyone smell a rat?? (pardon the pun)

Dealt with in another thread mate. No cobras, mistaken identity.

Now back to drooling at the pretty snakes in this thread.....

I could just look at these all day. How lucky we are to share such beauty which nature has created and be open-minded enough to recognize these beautiful miracles for what they are. Please keep posting photos :)

I watched a program on Foxtel last night about venomous snakes and the Gaboon was featured. The one's they were showing, they claimed were 2 meters in length and 8kg weight! I was a bit shocked to hear this - that's an awfully big, solid chunk of danger. But why would an Adder need to be large and heavy? A Python or Boa, I understand because they constrict their prey, so size and strength matter - but a venomous snake doesn't need that, does it? Also, do the ones in captivity grow that large?

I watched a program on Foxtel last night about venomous snakes and the Gaboon was featured. The one's they were showing, they claimed were 2 meters in length and 8kg weight! I was a bit shocked to hear this - that's an awfully big, solid chunk of danger. But why would an Adder need to be large and heavy? A Python or Boa, I understand because they constrict their prey, so size and strength matter - but a venomous snake doesn't need that, does it? Also, do the ones in captivity grow that large?

Length might be pushing it as I havent heard of many reaching over 2m in a while but yes they do get heavy. You could say the same things about rattlers who get similarly heavy and big, maybe its the prey or maybe its just cause they built like the brick dunnies of the reptile world. Heres an article in from Wikipedia which Im not wild about the accuracy of the figures, but as a whole it gives you a description of these magnificent snakes. Bitis gabonica - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

My uncle has a couple that weigh 6.3 and 7kg respectively and describes their attitude exacly as Crotalid does, not very nice :)

pic4_zpsfaea343d.png

pic1_zps8e4b8db4.png

cerb1_zps2a869c65.jpg

cerb2_zps8eae0481.png

2F5BAE04-CA33-4180-970E-B71EC833C3C4-10172-0000069316596874_zpse5859984.jpg

Few pics of my male White Lip, female Arizona black rattler (She hasn't started to darken in colour yet), and female Gab.

You own a rattle snake :shock: man u give me the hibbidy jibbidies lol Love all of them tho, such amazing creatures that come with such a mean look. Ur camera skills are awesome. :) to be honest at first i thought the white lip was a green mamba, until i had a closer look and saw the huge pits and read it wasnt lol

Last edited:
You own a rattle snake :shock: man u give me the hibbidy jibbidies lol Love all of them tho, such amazing creatures that come with such a mean look. Ur camera skills are awesome. :) to be honest at first i thought the white lip was a green mamba, until i had a closer look and read it wasnt lol

Haha, rattlesnakes are the best! My favourite snakes, hopefully will have another 10 or so next year.

Lol, if you put a picture of a green mamba next it, it looks completely different as they got a long thin head :). My mate has six green mambas though! Thanks :) all taken with my iPhone, can't wait till I get insurance money back for my camera my brother lost so I can take some proper pictures!

Yeh rattlesnakes are def one of my fav vipers, but u cant beat the eyelash viper, stunning imo. Wow 10, people are gonna be scared to come to ur place lol

I did a search on green mamba's and realised they do indeed look quite different. U must have a damn good iphone, looking forward to seeing more photo's :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back