1. Hi there Guest, thanks for visiting the site. Due to changes in circumstances, finances and having run this page for several years, Aussie Pythons and Snakes will be shut down on August 1st. If you or anyone you know would be interested in owning and running one of Australias Longest running Pythons and Snakes forums then please get in touch with Stuart via PM. Thank you for your support over years and please know that this decision has not been made lightly. Regards, Stuart

some paperwork issues

Discussion in 'Newbies forum' started by tarzanthesnakeman, Apr 29, 2020.

  1. tarzanthesnakeman

    tarzanthesnakeman Not so new Member

    Apr 18, 2020
    Likes Received:
    hello. i have brought 3 snakes of a woman in my local area. she has a licence to hold reptiles, as do i.

    i have filled out a movement advice form and sent it to her to sign and send back but she hasn't and wont reply to me. how would i go about dealing with this. im in qld. i have a copy of her rwl in email. i dont want to get in strife over someones lazy crap.

  2. Yellowtail

    Yellowtail Very Well-Known Member

    Jan 6, 2017
    Likes Received:
    Gold Coast, Qld
    The seller is responsible for obtaining a Movement Advice and it must be completed BEFORE the reptile is handed over or if the reptile is being transported the relevant section of the completed MA must accompany the animal.
    It does not mater if you are selling to a neighbour or someone in your house the same law applies.
    This is clearly explained on the front page of the MA form.
    When I am selling I get all the information and obtain an MA before I show anyone the animal otherwise you have to make another trip.
    If both seller and purchaser are registered on My Gov then you can in theory execute an MA online at the point of sale but this is rarely used.

Share This Page