South-west Carpet Python Photos

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a feed last night, so appears to be settling in well. I'm not familiar with Murray Darlings. How does it look like one?

I had one just like that which was one of 8 given to me, bred by Brian Bush. It was a beautiful neutral grey, just like yours, and was almost bluish in parts. It remained that way right into adulthood. That's a really nice snake, and the similarity to Murray Darlings is due to this reduced brown pigmentation - a common (but not universal) characteristic of MDs.

Jamie

Oshkii, juvenile MD's have a lot of black and grey/silver as hatchlings, any brown or other tones usually come out as they get older.

I had one just like that which was one of 8 given to me, bred by Brian Bush. It was a beautiful neutral grey, just like yours, and was almost bluish in parts. It remained that way right into adulthood. That's a really nice snake, and the similarity to Murray Darlings is due to this reduced brown pigmentation - a common (but not universal) characteristic of MDs.

Jamie

Hi Jamie, do you have any photos of your grey carpet python? I too find them beautiful. If I'm lucky perhaps this little one is female. Either way, I think I'll enjoy raising it and seeing how it develops.

Hi Oshkii,

Keep the photos coming, no shame in showing off such a little beauty. Who was the breeder?

Nick

Hi Oshkii,

Keep the photos coming, no shame in showing off such a little beauty. Who was the breeder?

Nick

Thanks! I love taking photos of critters. I should probably get a decent camera, but I keep spending it on reptiles. I'll send you a pm.

Sorry, been away for a couple of weeks... sorry, no photos - it was in the days long before digitals :(! Stayed with a friend for a couple of days down near Ravensthorpe. He told me that an imbricata took up residence in an orange tree in his yard (lives in the bush) a couple of years ago, and over the summer it ate 3 Currawongs which came in under the tree to drink from the drippers. He said he sees them often, from around October through March.

Keep them coming, Oshkii. Great shots.

Thanks pinefamily. There's a high chance that I'll keep posting more photos. I love taking photos of reptiles. I would like to take my photography a step further, if I can. But it's going to be a little difficult when the only equipment I have access to is a phone and a 10 year old camera. I'll keep trying to improve my technique anyway.

I was just discussing "Mother Nature" and localities in another thread.
I think this beautiful example pictured above is reason enough as to why I like locality animals.
Stunning snaps, I'm glad I found this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back