South West Carpet Python Poop.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TekknoWaffle

Reaction score
hey guys, my south west carpet python just shat on my bed and the white part looked normal, but the brown part was a bit watery and looked sort of like chocolate ice cream topping. Is she OK? I feed her fuzzies. She is close to shedding. She is 11 months.

hey guys, my south west carpet python just shat on my bed and the white part looked normal, but the brown part was a bit watery and looked sort of like chocolate ice cream topping. Is she OK? I feed her fuzzies. She is close to shedding. She is 11 months.

Fuzzies don't have much nutritional value, that would probably be why the poo seems more watery, try upgrading the size to something more substantial (my 11 mth old coastals are feeding on hopper rats but yours may not be big enough)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At close to 12 months it should be on medium to large mice at least. Stick with mice as long as the size is suitable because adult mice have more in them (fur, guts and developed organs, bones) than pink or fuzzy rats. Many keepers can't wait to get their animals on rats absolutely as soon as possible - it's pointless and may be counterproductive.

Jamie

I don't know why people waist their time feeding hatchling carpets pinky mice. They are quite capable of eating fuzzy mice from the word go. I've even had a wild hatchy get into one of my mice breeding cages and help itself to a full adult mouse not that far back.

DSCN0340.JPG

George.

I don't know why people waist their time feeding hatchling carpets pinky mice. They are quite capable of eating fuzzy mice from the word go. I've even had a wild hatchy get into one of my mice breeding cages and help itself to a full adult mouse not that far back.

View attachment 319583

George.

Yeah I find my hatchies start quicker on fuzzies and hopper mice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back