South Western Carpet Python Thread

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
heres a couple of pics of mine,

more
P1010092.jpg

P1010102.jpg

P1010129.jpg

P1010090.jpg

cheeky tongue
tongue.jpg

How old are these here? Just bought a SWCP but they could tell me how old he is :(. Would be pretty much the same size as these though maybe a touch bigger..

Nice black boy

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 290
This one was very black from a young age with very little pattern. There are a lot out there that are older and have darkened right up, hopefully there will be more that are dark from a young age. I personally think they look awesome.

This one was a wild caught when a juvinile. Hopefully, I can breed more.

Last edited by a moderator:
By "hills" I assume you mean a highland local? I'm just making sure for my own knowledge.

Regards Patrick
Not really.... Imbricata are only found in a small section of the south west of WA. A lot of the wild caught specimens tend to be from areas like Getaldton, Yanchep, Mandurah, etc. These are all coastal locations. In Perth we refer to the hills as the eastern or the area inland from Perth (Perth is also coastal). There really isn't really highland. As the hills east of Perth are only about 450m above sea level. Most of the area known as the darling range is what I'd call hills. Areas like Kalamunda, Toodyay etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
No, lower southwest locale, coastal region. I must say though, understandingly in all fairness to the taker, the exact location was not specific, although I've not heard of anymore like this been taken since he was.

Not really.... Imbricata are only found in a small section of the south west of WA. A lot of the wild caught specimens tend to be from areas like Getaldton, Yanchep, Mandurah, etc. These are all coastal locations. In Perth we refer to the hills as the eastern or the area inland from Perth (Perth is also coastal). There really isn't really highland. As the hills east of Perth are only about 450m above sea level. Most of the area known as the darling range is what I'd call hills. Areas like Kalamunda, Toodyay etc.

Thank you for takin the time to explain to explain this to me, I really appreciate it.

Thank you for takin the time to explain to explain this to me, I really appreciate it.
To put into perspective the hills being about 450m above sea level at the highest parts. The mean area of California is about 884 meters above sea level. With Cali's highest peaks being around 2,740 meters above sea level.

Thought I'd put my one up. My first snake and pretty stoked.

He/she is a first gen Toodyay locale.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 4

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1380333233816.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1380333233816.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 129
  • uploadfromtaptalk1380333256741.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1380333256741.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 126
A sub-adult Lancelin locale freshly shed. It's a real shame the picture just doesn't capture the red/brown in this animal.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 204
From Niall or Marcus?

From Niall.

I am surprised just how much the colours are intensifying with each shed. I have another one that is going to be something special, but she is a real maniac and difficult to photograph. If she is anything like the older girl Niall has I will be pretty happy. It will be interesting to see if/how these colours breed on into the future. Hopefully they will be up to breeding size next season.

Have you got any from this locale?

From Niall.

I am surprised just how much the colours are intensifying with each shed. I have another one that is going to be something special, but she is a real maniac and difficult to photograph. If she is anything like the older girl Niall has I will be pretty happy. It will be interesting to see if/how these colours breed on into the future. Hopefully they will be up to breeding size next season.

Have you got any from this locale?
Not yet... I'm after a specific colour that Niall only has one of and it's not for sale. But I'm confident he will get another from the same property.

I don't know if it is the change of environment, food, or age or a combination of all of these things but the colour change has been quite dramatic over the last few sheds. Really looking forward to seeing what variation exists in the offspring.

It certainly would be nice to see more like the big female Niall has in the hobby that's for sure.

Here is the latest pics of Cleo. She is now just over 3 is very close to 6 foot long and I'm guessing 4 - 5 kgs.
Sorry about the quality of the photo's, this is usually the wife's domain.

IMG_0439.jpg IMG_0436.jpg IMG_0437.jpg IMG_0434.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back