Southern Angle Headed Dragon :)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bananapeel

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I fell in love with SAHD's a while ago and have continued to adore them. I am really keen to get some.
Just wanting all the knowledge you guys can offer me about keeping them.

How many can I house together? what is a suitable enclosure size? how much space per lizard?
What kind of heating/lighting is required (I know they can overheat easily and like it cool so how do i reach these temps? how warm should the enclosure be?

what do I need in the enclosure? eg, water, decor etc.
Is a glass enclosure ok? (I realise many don't prefer them however being a teen they are more affordable but of course if i need to spend the money on timber etc I will.)
I live in Vic btw.

And what to feed them / how often?

Sorry about all the questions,

Thanks so much

Please if you can, add a photo of setup. thanks!

Last edited:
Not asking for much are you?
Have you considered doing some research maybe? That thing your teachers in class always tell you to do...

We're all here and willing to help, but you have to do some of the work yourself, and two threads the same - really?

Not asking for much are you?
Have you considered doing some research maybe? That thing your teachers in class always tell you to do...

We're all here and willing to help, but you have to do some of the work yourself, and two threads the same - really?
this

Yeah um sorry. I really do get what you're saying but I have done a lot of research (despite how it looks) I am more after different answers coz there are a lot of opinions and I'm getting an average I guess - you know the thing you get taught in maths...
I know stuff like I would most likely be getting a 3ftx2ftx45/60cm glass enclosure. I wanted to know if glass was suitable. About 2 or 3 lizards depends though. I will add vines, driftwood, plants, waterdish, food dish etc
thermometer
feed 'em woodies/crickets/mealworms occasionally. dusted with calcium/vitamins/protein etc. feed everyday for babies and every 2 days prob for adults.
Have a UVB light
Mist with water every 2 days or so.

BTW dont ask about the 2nd post. mainly trying to get as many different answers and thoughts as possible. dumb i know.

So I know a bit about what I'm doing. I wanted others thought/opinions and mainly some advice from someone with experience.

Thankyou for the useless answer and no need to be so harsh. there are other members who can actually help without the need to provide rude comments to a newbie wanting a bit of help.

What do you mean?!

I've gone over countless caresheets, websites, books etc.
I am not after one definite black and white answer to these questions. I am after other people opinions and their ways of caring for their reptiles. Different opinions to get broader knowledge and variables. I have already showed that I know what to do.
What's the point of this website?
I also asked for photos to see how people have set up their enclosures.
There is no one right answer which is why I have got info off books, care sheets etc and now I want personal experience and advice and you're not helping.

- - - Updated - - -

anyone got any real advice?

What do you mean?!

I've gone over countless caresheets, websites, books etc.
I am not after one definite black and white answer to these questions. I am after other people opinions and their ways of caring for their reptiles. Different opinions to get broader knowledge and variables. I have already showed that I know what to do.
There is no one right answer which is why I have got info off books, care sheets etc and now I want personal experience and advice and you're not helping.

- - - Updated - - -

sigh....gl

hey i get what the kids saying

you can do all the reading you want and find as many caresheets as you can however sometimes a person just wants some personal experiences about what people find to be the good and bad things, care sheets and books sometimes dont cover all the bases AND just about everything you find will contradict other stuff you have read, some will say do this or that and then the next bit of info will say DONT do this or that

if someone just went by info found on google and something happened everyone would be jumping up and down and asking why they hadnt asked for help before a simple problem became a serious one

instead of dumping on the kid how about something constructive and if you cant help dont reply, what happened to the old saying 'if you cant say something nice dont say something at all'

anyway i dont have any of these so cant help you but hope someone out there cant, i guess most forget they were beginners at one stage before they become know it all's ;), this use to be a good place to get great advice now its a dumping ground to abuse posters, just think how you would feel if this was your kid seeking advice and the 'adults' treated them this way

honestly guys people cant even ask for help or advice on this forum anymore without people jumping the gun having a fit and chucking poo while yelling google it
just god damn rude, anyway best of luck dude hope someone helps

To avoid getting flamed in the future you should demostrate you've put in more effort into your "research" before seeking for help 8) e.g. have you tried searching the forum for past angle headed dragon threads? I did a quick search up and found a few useful threads:
http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/...ssion-42/southern-angle-headed-dragons-70167/
http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/...le-headed-dragons-hypsyilurus-spinipes-29704/
http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/australian-lizards-5383/angle-headed-dragon-setups-145245/
http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/australian-lizards-5383/southern-angle-headed-dragon-52559/

That should get you started mate.

if you cant help then dont stop putting people down just to have a post

I get that I was very broad and it did appear as though I had made no effort to research but I showed in my second post that I have. I was more asking for the things Jeannine was talking about. I didn't quite make that clear. sorry my fault.

Thanks for the links guys and making me feel a bit better lol.

Thanks again and sorry to jack and tekno. :/

LOL fun isnt it bananapeel?

Hey guys i was wondering.... GOOGLE IT WOW MATE, ****

Dont mind the tards, you are just excited and want to know the most you can. Im sure all of the "pros" here have all felt the exact same thing and been through it.

If anything, i think its commendable that you have done all your research and then still seeking extra opinions. Knowledge = Win
If you cant come on to a forum to share and collect knowledge, then w-t-f are we here for?

Good luck mate, i have never owned an angle, i would answer your questions if i knew!

Cause i care about post count lol......

- - - Updated - - -

Dont mind the tards, you are just excited and want to know the most you can. Im sure all of the "pros" here have all felt the exact same thing and been through it.

If anything, i think its commendable that you have done all your research and then still seeking extra opinions. Knowledge = Win
If you cant come on to a forum to share and collect knowledge, then w-t-f are we here for?

Good luck mate, i have never owned an angle, i would answer your questions if i knew!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15_Y3_eRfOU

Yeah haha. Thanks treeofgreen. I am pretty excited as I have never owned a dragon before and I want to get things right as I know they are quite different to most dragons in their needs. And yeah, the reason I joined this forum is so that I could gain some personal and experienced advice from other reptile keepers in Australia so hopefully someone will have information and won't need to waste my time insulting members who want a bit of advice.

Thanks so much again. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back