Southern Angle heads fish eaters?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kobrakai

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
Quick question has anyone heard of Angle headed dragons eating/hunting fish? I have an aquarium in my SAHD enclosure. Today after introducing some Pakastani loachs (small and shiny) I have witnessed 3 out of 4 dragons positioning themselves in ambush stance above the aquarium while watching my new fish do laps of the tank. I have caught the SAHD's swimming many times but this is the first time i have witnessed this behaviour. Has anybody else seen/heard of this?

Regards
Aaron

It doesnt surprise me. All my snakes and lizards love fish. Lizards pretty much go for anything that moves but catching them is a totally different story.

Yeah I figured they would eat just about anything but it was interesting to watch their behaviour. The male even hung from a vine to dip his tail and 1 foot in the water. Could have been an accident but he seemed to know what he was doing as he sat there for a few mins with the odd kick or tail movement.

I've never owned a cunningham skink before so I can't answer about brumation and housing, but providing you have a big enough space for an out door pit. It should be fine to house them together but care should be taken as they could fight.

I've never owned a cunningham skink before so I can't answer about brumation and housing, but providing you have a big enough space for an out door pit. It should be fine to house them together but care should be taken as they could fight.

I think you have the wrong thread...

Rick

Cunningham?
My water dragon loved fish - but he is not an angle headed :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back