Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I stand by my above comment..i believe the question was asking for snakes named after "a position the body can assume"

The tail is part of the posture, but the sound it makes isn't. JMO

Haha.. the best i could do is one sentence and 9 pages of pics.

Ok Puffers, Rattlers & spitting Cobra's is incorrect.

I'll be happy to lose 1/2 a point off my score for rattlers
along with southy's 1.5 points for rattlers & bonus point
& junglemads 1 point for rattlers & puffers :p

OK. You all can't get me clear answer, so poor me Knowing only Slatemans Englisch opened dictionary mof english language. (N.G.Garmonsway)

Stating this:

POSTURE.....Manner of holding the body,attitude,pose,

On that bacis I am ruling out spiting and ratling. Puffing the body I concider as pose, so I will leave puff as corect answer.
Anyway people don't get to exited, we talking only about .5 point here.

I hope that nobody get upset with me, I had to rule something out. :oops:

im not too worried the final 4 or 5 get a shot at the winning question don't they??

I asked only for Main reason why hospital staff wait before they actually treat the bite from venomous snake

This main reason is: hospital staff wait before they treat a bite from a venomous snake with antivenom is to make sure an envenomation has occurred so that antivenom does not have to be given if there is no need and risk the possible side effects of serum sickness

Robbo
my answer to question 22 is
the main reason why hospital staff wait before they treat a bite from a venomous snake with antivenom is to make sure an envenomation has occurred so that antivenom does not have to be given if there is no need and risk the possible side effects of serum sickness

By JandC_Reptiles.
Hospital staff wait before treating venomous snake bites in order to see what symptons occur in the patient. This way they can determin what species may be responsible and give the appropriate anti-venom treatment.

junglemad
The reason that medical staff wait before they actually treat a venomous snakebite are many. Some bites may be what is called a dry bite where no venom was injected. Some bites may only be a scratch. Some bites may not be a hit from both fangs.Some snakes inject more venom than others, for example an old or sick snake may not inject as much venom as a vital younger specimen. Also this varies from species to species

The main reason I suppose is that patients may have an adverse reaction to snakebite treatment. This is why medical staff observe patients carefully before aggressive treatment. Some people may have an allergic reaction to antivenin, particularly treatments made from injecting a horse. People allergic to horse products may go into anaphylactic shock. This too is rare but not worth the risk on a bite that may not be serious. People who have been treated with antivenin in the past will more than likely be sensitive to horse products for life. Hospitals need to administer a skin test to establish those sensitive and indeed hyper sensitive to antivenin.

Snake bites need to be treated on an individual basis. Signs like pain, swelling and bleeding, along with more complicated reactions such as ecchymosis , necrosis , low blood pressure, and tingling of lips and tongue are symptoms that show the seriousness of a snakebite. Patients exhibiting these symptoms are treated promptly.

Southy
they wait to make sure they don't treat a victim that had a dry bite as that can invenomate them, they also swob the area and do tests to make sure that the snake that bit them, that they get the correct antivenom from the correct snake to treat them
Points for this answer:

Robbo 3
JandC_Reptiles 1
Junglemad 3
Southy 3

score after 22th round.
steve6610 1
JandC_Reptiles 44
craig.a.c 1
OuZo 3
soulweaver 13
staffsrule 23 and half
Dicco 9 and half
danep 5
munkee 1
newtosnakes 2
jonno 1
southy 42.5
junglemad 49
westaussie 1
olivehydra 10
BUCK 1
Memphis_Tank 1
robbo 33.5
Kahn_10 3
Antaresia Lady 1.5

This people are leading Southern Cross Reptile Competition on APS

Leaders of comp so far:

1. junglemad 49
2. JandC_Reptiles 44
3. southy 42.5
5. Robbo 33.5
4. staffsrule 23.5

New question 23.
Do snakes cast off they tails like lizards?

Please answer by Wednesday evening19.04.06 to email [email protected][/size]

Please don't post your answers here.

slatey, you have done a typo i think, i understand its just an error but i thought id bring it to your attension, this is what you had for last question

Leaders of comp so far:

1. junglemad 46
2. JandC_Reptiles 43
3. southy 39.5
5. Robbo 30.5
4. staffsrule 23.5

and this question

Leaders of comp so far:

1. junglemad 49
2. JandC_Reptiles 44
3. southy 32.5
5. Robbo 33.5
4. staffsrule 23.5

i lost 10 points :(

junglemad said:
get ready for a ten page answer for the next one

junglemad
The reason that medical staff wait before they actually treat a venomous snakebite are many. Some bites may be what is called a dry bite where no venom was injected. Some bites may only be a scratch. Some bites may not be a hit from both fangs.Some snakes inject more venom than others, for example an old or sick snake may not inject as much venom as a vital younger specimen. Also this varies from species to species

The main reason I suppose is that patients may have an adverse reaction to snakebite treatment. This is why medical staff observe patients carefully before aggressive treatment. Some people may have an allergic reaction to antivenin, particularly treatments made from injecting a horse. People allergic to horse products may go into anaphylactic shock. This too is rare but not worth the risk on a bite that may not be serious. People who have been treated with antivenin in the past will more than likely be sensitive to horse products for life. Hospitals need to administer a skin test to establish those sensitive and indeed hyper sensitive to antivenin.

Snake bites need to be treated on an individual basis. Signs like pain, swelling and bleeding, along with more complicated reactions such as ecchymosis , necrosis , low blood pressure, and tingling of lips and tongue are symptoms that show the seriousness of a snakebite. Patients exhibiting these symptoms are treated promptly.

What happened? :wink:

sorry mate..i will write a single word answer for the next one.

Haha.. i'd rather see you give a ten-paged answer on this one!

question 24
Name 2 most widespread Australian snakes from Blacksnake family.

Answers:

JandC_Reptiles
The Red bellied black snake & the king brown snake AKA mulga

robbo
the two most widespread australian members of the blacksnake family are the king brown (mulga snake) and the red-bellied blacksnake

southy
the black snake family is known as the genus Pseudechis. so the most widespread is the mulga/king brown ( pseudechis australis), and second is the red-bellied black snake ( pseudechis porphriacus).

Junglemad
The most widespread of the Australian blacksnake family are Pseudechis australis and Pseudechis porphyriacus - the Mulga or King Brown and the Red Belly Blacksnake.

Robbo 3
JandC_Reptiles 3
Junglemad 3
Southy 3

score after 24th round.
steve6610 1
JandC_Reptiles 47
craig.a.c 1
OuZo 3
soulweaver 13
staffsrule 23 and half
Dicco 9 and half
danep 5
munkee 1
newtosnakes 2
jonno 1
southy 45.5
junglemad 52
westaussie 1
olivehydra 10
BUCK 1
Memphis_Tank 1
robbo 36.5
Kahn_10 3
Antaresia Lady 1.5

This people are leading Southern Cross Reptile Competition on APS

Leaders of comp so far:

1. junglemad 52
2. JandC_Reptiles 47
3. southy 45.5
5. Robbo 36.5
4. staffsrule 23.5

New question 25.
Why is Woma often found with scarring on the body?

Please answer by Wednesday evening03.05.06 to email [email protected][/size]

Please don't post your answers here.

We have only 5 questions to go and 3 best will have dual to win snake donated by Southern Cross Reptiles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back