Special New Additions!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SamNabz

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Only got a couple of quick shots as they were literally frozen stiff, so letting them settle in now. Received 4 all up (2 pairs) from Rob Porter.

carpho.jpg

Chameleon gecko, Carphodactylus laevis .. possibly the best gecko ever!​

Thanks all, they're incredible looking geckos and I'm very excited to finally be keeping them.

Here's a couple of shots of the 2 tanks taken prior to picking them up.

tnk1.jpg

tnk2.jpg

I would recommend puting some leafy plants in there to add more cover as from what I have heard they are very high strung,

- - - Updated - - -

But other than that very awesome enclosure and very awesome geckos :D

They are not high strung. They do however like to explore, hide and even sleep on occasions under plants in the tank but mainly they are out and about perching or exploring. But these tanks look fine. As long as they have somewhere to hide during the day. I like the ivy type leaves for these guys. Simple tanks can make it much easier for them to find food.

They are not high strung. They do however like to explore, hide and even sleep on occasions under plants in the tank but mainly they are out and about perching or exploring. But these tanks look fine. As long as they have somewhere to hide during the day. I like the ivy type leaves for these guys. Simple tanks can make it much easier for them to find food.

high strung might not be the best way to describe them, but I was told that they were very shy and get stressed easily? but from what you are describing does not sound like they are very shy to me.

They are some what shy as they don't really like to be watched or touched by humans, but as a species they are happy in each others company both males and females. Although on numerous occasions they have pounced on food items while i was watching with the light on.
They are happy to perch in the open and they like to explore. They all sleep together and I would say they have a fairly good appetite. They grow quick if fed well. As Sam said his ate as soon as they arrived. They had been put in a bag sent on a plane and still eat on their first night. Not really a sign that they stress easy.

Last edited:
Awesome thanks for that mummabear,
Now there is just the small problem of being broke except for the money which is being saved for some dragons hahaha :)

Awesome little geckos Sam congrats!
The enclosure looks unreal too, keep us posted when they settle in.
Very Envious :)

Trench, I won't be adding any leafy plants, but the pieces of bark in both tanks are positioned so that the geckos can hide underneath them. However, I will be throwing in some leaf litter soon.

They all sleep together and I would say they have a fairly good appetite. They grow quick if fed well.

Yeah, I noticed that this morning, they were snuggled up nice and close with one another.

As Sam said his ate as soon as they arrived. They had been put in a bag sent on a plane and still eat on their first night. Not really a sign that they stress easy.

It surprised me that they ate right away as I had also heard they are relatively shy/nervous. Granted they were scared stiff when I first put them in there, but having just gotten out of their containers after 5+ hours of travel (courier & plane), I don't blame them... However, within 20mins of being in the tank they were out exploring and eating, so can't complain.

All credit goes to Rob Porter (of Livefoods Unlimited) for these magnificent geckos, great bloke and top quality animals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back