Speed Issues

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What are your experiences with APS page load times?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Administrator

To get a snapshot of who is experiencing these problems, please vote in this poll relating to your experiences with APS speed.

site issues

the speed is great the site in general is great....my only [small] issue is l cannot delete a sold item....westernrocky

since the server move, i know of a few people who can not access the site as it will not load.
Just some feed back, i think it has something to do with a java error, they are running the latest java but still no luck.
the mystery continues

IMO great site, well maintained

i spend more time wainting for things to load than i do looking at them. the last couple of days i have logged on and tried to look at stuff, waited with a blank screen for 5 minutes then logged off! it has been hopeless.

It usually loads quite quickly but my computer has been going slowly so it doesn't anymore.

Seriously the speed of loading this site has been attrocius over the last few weeks, im on Bigpond Broad Band and its like dial up when i come here

Every now and then there'll be moments where it's heaps slow, but usually it's pretty fast for me.

Seriously the speed of loading this site has been attrocius over the last few weeks, im on Bigpond Broad Band and its like dial up when i come here

Same ; Very slow lately.

Im with optus cable and its fantastic! Even when we exceeded our monthly limit it went down to dial-up speeds and it was still pretty good.

It may have to do with how many people are browsing, your ISP, or amount of 'local' users within your town slowing down the connection rate

I can finally post here...
I was getting an error message, that I don't have permission or something.
All's fixed now, thanks adam.

As for speed...
It seems to fluctuate.. a bit.

I wouldn't say it's like dialup speed...

ok, well I did a quick PING test in windows....

I'm getting an average 230ms to Aussiepythons.com
My 2nd favourite forum (www.ocau.com) gets 11ms.... yay!
And Google.com.au gets 181ms.

Sometimes pages just keep ticking over, but don't seem to be going anywhere, until I hit refresh and they load almost instantaneously.

May I ask where exactly the server is located?
http://www.selfseo.com/find_ip_address_of_a_website.php says that www.aussiepythons.com is located in America, is that correct?

yesterday the sight was as slow as a glacier, but seems ok today.

For sure since the server move things have slowwed heaps.

it took 5 mins today to upload 1 pic today in the end i closed the thread

I put slower, however this is not a problem all the time, just every so often.

i put slow since the server move, it has probably been about a week or so that its been really bad.

i have noticed that it is MUCH slower for me when i hace chat open.
this might be because of my dial-up connection, but it didn't seem to be an issue a couple of weeks back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back