Speed Issues

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What are your experiences with APS page load times?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its so slow for me Im about to give up Im with bigpond broadband 1200/265 and i can do 10 ebay pages easy to 1APS PAGE

Seriously the speed of loading this site has been attrocius over the last few weeks, im on Bigpond Broad Band and its like dial up when i come here

I am the same.

Took me five minutes just waiting for the page to load so I could reply to this thread.

I have been trying to download a photo now for 1 hour this is no good

it's reasonable for us unless it's a thread with pictures they take a little while, havn't tried uploading anything for a while though. Then again I just blame my computer so I couldnt' honestly say with certainty. (I'm on bigpond broadband unlimited what ever spead that is

Allana

I put slower, however this is not a problem all the time, just every so often.

i put slow since the server move, it has probably been about a week or so that its been really bad.

I agree..
its not all the time for me, but most of the time over the last week or 2,..
especially tonight.,,

I have been trying to download a photo now for 1 hour this is no good

When I loaded my pics up the other night it took FOREVER,

I was in chat tonight and it was that slow, and delayed, that I gave up.
Also alot of the time whilst in chat I get booted out and ask to sign in again?

I little while back, I would write a real long PM, and when I would go to send it, it would ask me to sign in, and would wipe my whole message:shock:, it happened a few times, although not recently, now I make sure I copy it just incase, . very frustrating writing a long reply, then losing it all a,d having to write it again, and again,...:evil:

Kelly ;)

I'm with big pond broadband & its only this site it is frustrating at the moment.Even at almost 2 in the morning it takes up to five mins just to log on!! & to read all new threads would take hours!!

I am on night shift posting this. It is 1:36. Boy is it slow at the moment! Takes me back to dial-up days. It took 2 minutes 16 seconds just to reach the home page, then another 56 seconds to reach this thread. I never had much of a speed issue with the previous server, but this one is sometimes making APS almost unusable.

No problems from this end, took me 6 seconds to load the main page, and 2 to load this thread, other sites are faster, but i wouldn't say this is slow.

Not sure when you moved servers, but the speed of this site has improved significantly in recent weeks...

Several months ago, the speed was absolutely atrocious, but it is now on par with most sites I visit...

Just to be different mine takes forever to load the first page , then the first thread . After that however it is very fast for the rest of the visit . All other sites l visit , local and international are fine .

Not sure when you moved servers, but the speed of this site has improved significantly in recent weeks...

Several months ago, the speed was absolutely atrocious, but it is now on par with most sites I visit...

This is very strange. Some are experiencing improved performance and others, like me, vastly degraded performance. Obviously not the new server otherwise all would have degraded performance. What is the cause, anyones guess!

It's not looking good for me...

After two hops, I'm getting timeout errors. Will send off the report anyway.

Is there any reason why the server is in America?

Grr... I can't edit my post.
This is what I'm getting so far:

Tracing route to yanky.aussiepythons.com [65.98.11.42]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.0.1
2 5 ms 5 ms 5 ms 10.251.64.1
3 * * * Request timed out.
4 * * * Request timed out.
5 * * * Request timed out.
6 * * * Request timed out.
7 * * * Request timed out.
8 * * * Request timed out.
9 * * * Request timed out.
10 * * * Request timed out.
11 * * * Request timed out.
12 * * * Request timed out.
13 * * * Request timed out.
14 * * * Request timed out.
15 * * * Request timed out.
16 * * * Request timed out.
17 * * * Request timed out.
18 * * * Request timed out.
19 * * * Request timed out.
20 * * * Request timed out.
21 * * * Request timed out.
22 * * * Request timed out.
23 * * * Request timed out.

I use Bigpond wireless broadband. The last week APS has been terrible....as bad or worse than dial up. I usually open another window and browse a few other sites while I wait for APS to load. Even text only threads are really slow. I'd hate to know what dial up users are experiencing!! I've tried the traceroute thing a few times and it just says "general failure".

I'm with BigPond and I only have trouble with this site..... slow doesn't describe it..... continents drift faster. I usually give up after waiting 15 minutes to see 3 pages.

Boy, is it woeful today! I timed it, just took 6 minutes and 38 seconds just to get to this thread! Took about 10 minutes this morning just to upload about 250kB of pics. Yet pinging the site is relatively fast. Back to the old server I reckon. I don't know the cost involved in hosting this site on the current server, but I would be willing to pay a little more to get some decent response times from an Aussie server if need be. Something not right!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back