Speed Issues

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What are your experiences with APS page load times?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
im only new to this site so i cant comment on any changes but i do find it very very slow i have broad band and this is like dial up

The only time when I find it is running slow is when I'm openning Picturs. All the other times are fine.
I'v got optus broadband.

i have cable ,this site is now by far the slowest site i use,will the problems be resolved soon?

There seems to be some similar complains on Whirlpool regarding international slowdowns on BigPond. I have asked on those forums if they can help me try and work out where the problem is.

I have also contacted the web host and they have send the trace routes I received to the Data Centre to see if they can help find out where the problem is.

I also ran some random speed tests on the net to confirm that it wasn't actually the server, these are the results I got:
Checked From Seconds Kbps
Washington, DC (3 Mbps) 0.58 856
Santiago, Chile (760 Kbps) 2.11 234
Dortmund, Germany (5 Mbps) 0.97 510
Los Angeles, CA (1.5 Mbps) 1.42 348
Detroit, MI (5 Mbps) 1.42 348
Chicago, IL (45 Mbps) 0.78 633
St. Petersburg, Russia (5 Mbps) 1.19 417
Gloucester, UK (5 Mbps) 0.88 565
Sydney, Australia (5 Mbps) 1.97 251
Obviously all those speeds are satisfactory, which leads me to believe that the problem is with the network of certain Australian ISPs (or their US-based connections).

In the last 4 days it's been gradually deteriorating on bigpond wireless. Tonight has been very sporadic, some times a page will load fast but most times very slow

This is a HUGE problem. I can open any other window international or local... and instant results.. APS... I am waiting up to 10 or 15 minutes to open. I have only been a member for a few short months, and every time I have viewed the site, I am on for hours. Since the server change, I have been on a little less because I couldn't stand the wait time. But the last week has been so appalling, that even my husband is asking why I'm not on as much. I have opened other windows at the same time, just to find something to do while I'm waiting for APS to load. Then I get error messages, or just blank pages. I am with Dodo Australia. Surely with so many people, all with different servers and so forth, this has got to be a problem on the APS side of things. I love this site, it's actually my favourite, but I am getting so frustrated lately, that I'd rather not get on the site at all. Please fix this problem.

Hi, I'm with Bigpond Wireless Broadband and have no trouble loading any site I access (including comic sites with heaps of graphics) but this one. APS takes forever to load and sometimes it's faster for me to close the webpage and reopen to move between threads which is ridiculous. Good luck finding the problem.

Just noticed this and I'm not sure if it's asscociated but when I click on thumbnails to view pics, some of them don't load. I get a loading message but that's all. I've looked at my download meter to see if there is anything happening buy the download figure stays at zero. I must admit, being the impatient person I am, I only wait about 30 seconds before I give in.

I've waited for a few minutes and then given up, the pictures won't load.

I'm almost certain it has something to do with the new picture software. I'm getting a lot of errors and all seem to revolve around this and java script. Even once the page has finished downloading, it often freezes whilst i'm typing so i think this is more to to with errors in the script rather than download or server speeds.

I'm using IE here at work and it is hell. However, this site runs pretty good at home with Firefox, although uploading attachments is still a pain, they either take a long time to upload, or just don't upload at all. Pretty frustrating man...

Works fine for me but im not with telstra, i didnt read all the posts but it seems to be telstra related. Has anyone not with telstra had any issues?

I couldn't get on earlier today from work (not sure of ISP) but the last week at home has been shocking. I'm with Dodo on broadband and using Mozilla. Its pretty bad tonight but I gave up earlier today after twelve minutes without a page loading.

i found that the site slowed down dramatically the night that the albino comp started as the first night i couldn't even get onto the site until about 1 am. and it has been slow during high traffic times ever since.

cheers
H.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back