Speed Issues

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What are your experiences with APS page load times?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It just took 12 minutes to open this page!!!!!! this is beyond a joke.Every other site i visit opens instantly.Hope the problem is fixed soon, I usually visit this site daily but just don't have the time to wait up to 10 minutes to log on.

i dont understand how it can be an ISP issue when the same issue is occuring with multiple connection types and ISPs

DSLAM ADSL (over 2x faster than cable) with internode and iinet is so slow i didnt login for 3 days coz it takes too long to load a single page....

AAPT broadband, as like others it is only this site that is painfully slow. It was more than twice as quick on the old server! However it does only seem to have deteriorated to abismal in the last week!

Wasn't that graphic utility was it, I see that has gone (Java problem maybe)? Certainly a massive improvement, very fast now. :D

And is the chat room gone too? Or is no one in there?
last time I tried to enter it wouldn't get anywhere.

Definately waaaaay faster today. I haven't had to wait more than a few of seconds for anything ... including photos. What ever you did..... keep doing it. Thanks:D

Im with optus cable and its fantastic! Even when we exceeded our monthly limit it went down to dial-up speeds and it was still pretty good.

It may have to do with how many people are browsing, your ISP, or amount of 'local' users within your town slowing down the connection rate

exactly the same here

Its a little faster today but still slowish.

But i still get the done with errors thing where the top of the page loads but the rest is white and takes a few secs to load up.

The site is loading really fast for me now. Hopefully this will continue, if anything different has been done it's working....

much better for me than it has been lately. I'm not sure it is as fast as it was on the old server though.
I just ran another trace and a comparison of traces from slow time and fast time are almost identical, wouldn"t this indicate the problem was more to do with the server than the ISPs and the route.

I'm with dodo dial-up only thing that will work with my out-dated computer not enough memory for anything else.

Working well again for me over last couple of days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back