Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
do you want to do a breeding loan, I have a male flav thats ready to go for it?

Thanks for the offer Marc but I've currently got a male (stunning markings I bought from Matt Bonnett) that is also showing great interest. I've separated them, feeding her up and will introduce him in a coupla weeks to see how she goes. She just lost a lot of weight with the first clutch that she needs to re-coup.

Simon Archibald

"Here's a juv mertans for you Simon, that a mate took recently, i dont know how it will look?"

"I'll get some cage photo's sorted for you soon Simon.............cheers Tree, better go feed these guy's"

Ohoohohh, ME, ME, I like mertens too, can I have a gander at the piccies?? :D Damn guys, those are some mighty fine animals! They have to be my all time favourite animals, however I was put off getting some as I have no idea when it comes to water filters and all that jazz. If anyone would care to share what they use for their mertens (inside setup), that would be great...(hint, hint) :p
Sim

That looks a big Spencers. How long do you recken he is????

"Theres a small door in the divison that allows easy movement between the two sides in breeding season"....................the floor has 1"x1", square mesh covered with gravel........hope it gives you some ideas".............

awesome shots indicus spencers are awesome. dont stop at just these pics you know how to do it now so let rip mate :lol: Also how do you stop thieves from stealing animals from outdoor pits and aviary's? as padlocks would be able to be cut and so would the wire just interested to hear how people deter thieves as unfortunetly its a big issue nowadays.

What do you feed such big lizards? They are really awsome. Do they have any artificial heating or are they heated by the sun?

Great enclosures by the way indicus.

Regards Alex

monitors

just a quiuck queston simon,
what do you have on the bottom of the enclosure for a floor?
outdoors a wire mesh covered would be fine but indoors that could be messy!
thanks,
bombie

RE: monitors

Ether,
Monitors these size will eat large mice, rats, quail, chickens, rabbits, birds, eggs, chicken necks, roo meat, etc.

Bombie,
Under the sand, there is just the bare concrete floor of the garage. There is no problem with faeces because mostly the sand soaks up that and the urates. Also, the actual pits are so light that they can be moved by 2 people. I plan to do full cleanouts relatively regularly...all I'll need to do is carry the pits out, shovel the sand (sweeping out excess) and use the high-pressure hose to clean up anything but only if necessary.

Simon Archibald

Tramain,
That's a great looking enclosure for the Spencers. And what a beautiful male. Wanna send him down for my girl ;-) My boy's too small :-(

Simon Archibald

"Cheers guys for the comments, for some dame reason i couldn't axcess the site over the last day and a half, i'd like to see a few enclosures, inside or out, if anyones willing to share photos, their thoughts, its great to get some ideas about construction and faults, or changes you would do if you done built it again. Sorry to do this to your tread, Simion, but haven't worked it out myself yet."

"Ricko, thevies as you no, its always a fear, but i'm lucky to live in a rurial area, those old ladies dont miss much and love to tell. As it is lock them, Get a killer dog, what more can i do? Like i said, god help them if i catch them. Heres a photo of Lacey enclosure."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back