Spider killed my gecko.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Driake

Reaction score
Hi everyone came home yesterday to find my gecko dead in his cave.
Seen fang marks on his stomach and also found a fresh egg sack at the top of his cave.
Im thinking it must of been a huntsman?

That's sad....:(

What sort of gecko? I didn't know a spider could do that.....rotten things :x

Wow, bad luck :( RIP lil' gecko

Good idea to check for spiders, i never thought of that-

i thought they ate spiders! :(

sorry to hear that, thats awful!

How could a spider big enough to get in the enclosure kill the gecko? I am guessing you don't have a lid?

How could a spider big enough to get in the enclosure kill the gecko? I am guessing you don't have a lid?

You'd be surprised just how much spiders can flatten themselves to fit in little nooks and crevices.

You'd be surprised just how much spiders can flatten themselves to fit in little nooks and crevices.

Nar I keep spiders and geckos and make sure they can't get in or out of enclosures :D

That's why I asked

that sucks! poor little thing. guess thats nature for u. might have to keep your next one in a more secure inclosure :(

Seems unusual that it didn't eat it, spiders do not really pick fights for no reason. Also seems strange that it left the eggsac. Have a pic? Most rovers (huntsmans included) would keep it with them.

doesnt sound right i dont think a huntsman could kill a gex, could it? i have huntsmans all over my house, now your freaking me out..

doesnt sound right i dont think a huntsman could kill a gex, could it? i have huntsmans all over my house, now your freaking me out..

Would kill/eat a small one easy enough, spiders are VERY capable predators. Like I said above though some of the other stuff seems odd.

if it where me the spider would be officially sledgehammered/shotgunned/minigunned/nuked then i would be sad for the gecko

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back