Spot the lizard!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Evil_Birdy

Not so new Member
Reaction score
So today I went looking for Bertie my ackie, and after pulling up all of her many hides and looking under the rocks, and feeling the paper on the walls I started to have a mini heart attack when I couldn't find her. I started looking around the enclosure for any means of escape when I found her, and immediately started laughing.

This is is a photo of her enclosure, and believe it or not she is pretty much in plain sight. She's partially hidden, but you can see her head and about half of her body. Because it's not zoomed in, all you can see is a greyish blob/dot/smudge where she is, but I just wanted to see if anyone could find her from the big photo. Sort of like the lizard edition of 'where's Waldo'.
(P.s. just for the fun of it, see if you can spot her before scrolling down and looking at the other, zoomed in photos).
(P.p.s. sorry for how giant they turned out, but I guess that's helpful when trying to find her)

Just an aerial shot:

image.jpg

Can you see her? No? How 'bout now after I take the little dish out of the big dish?
image (2).jpg

Don't worry if you still can't find her. Here you go. This was as close as I could get:
image.jpg

Curled up under the water dish! (sorry about the light reflecting, but hey, I never claimed to be a professional photographer). I couldn't believe it! Of all the hides she has (I think there's about seven, not including the water) she decides that apparently none of them are good enough and digging underneath the plastic container is the best solution . What do I know about lizard furniture preferences? Nothing, according to Bertie.

That's all. Nothing particularly ground breaking, I just thought it was funny and that I should share it with you. :D

Last edited:
You're lucky mine dug her way behind the "fake Rockwall" and i had to pull the whole thing apart to get her out.. they get into the smallest of spaces..

Mine squeezes into a a tiny whole in a piece of wood which is screwed into the side of the enclosure literally impossible to get him out.

One of ours continually digs under the water bowl, just like yours. Another in the smallest of gaps between rocks, and the third in a hollow log. Our red guy just hides in the PVC pipe I buried in the sand.

That would be the most stable place in the enclosure temperature wise. Just what a lot of herps are doing this time of year.

You're lucky mine dug her way behind the "fake Rockwall" and i had to pull the whole thing apart to get her out.. they get into the smallest of spaces..
Yeah, I was thinking of doing a rock wall for her adult enclosure . . . . Maybe not.

its funny to see from people's responses all the places that their ackies like to hide. Her second favourite place is behind the paper on the walls. She climbs there so she can see her "boyfriend (or girlfriend, we don't know her gender yet)" and I put the paper up in the first place so that she would stop chasing her reflection. She's the most self-absorbed pet that I own.

- - - Updated - - -

That would be the most stable place in the enclosure temperature wise. Just what a lot of herps are doing this time of year.
That makes sense . . . Although I'm a little worried about her getting chilled at night when I turn the lamp off. . . .

- - - Updated - - -

Mine squeezes into a a tiny whole in a piece of wood which is screwed into the side of the enclosure literally impossible to get him out.
I guess when it comes to these guys you have to seriously evaluate every piece of furniture you put in. Thanks, I'll keep these things in mind when setting up her adult enclosure.

I honestly don't mind if I can't get him out. So long as he doesn't get stuck haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back