Spotted python breeding size?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hornet

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
Jut wondering whats an acceptable weight for spotteds, both male and female, to breed? I know its more to do with weight then length but whats an approx length for a breeding age male?

breeding male i have kept mine untill 90cm but i was speaking to some one who managed to do it and 80cm 2 years old which is quite small i thought??? it worked though:p

with childreni, so i imagine macs are going to be similar, around the 300g mark fairly standard. a little less and they will probably still breed but you may only get a small clutch. I have heard of people getting a clutch with snakes around the 200g mark.

not sure if the weights of the breeders influence the hatchling size too much, but when it comes to feeding i've found the larger adults produced offspring that were much easier to get established.

Jut wondering whats an acceptable weight for spotteds, both male and female, to breed? I know its more to do with weight then length but whats an approx length for a breeding age male?

It is also an age thing, although most will breed at 18 months if you get the size into them. So they can be smaller than normal, but as long as they are say 2 or 3 yrs, they will still breed. There is far less worry in the size of the male compared to the female.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back