Spotted Python Hopeful Owner

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laikin

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, i'm planning on getting a baby spotted python and was wandering if anyone could give me some tips and things to look out for when owning a spotted or just any reptile/snake. basically things that you have had problems with when owning a spotted or any snake and how to treat

Cheers
Laikin

Hey everyone, i'm planning on getting a baby spotted python and was wandering if anyone could give me some tips and things to look out for when owning a spotted or just any reptile/snake. basically things that you have had problems with when owning a spotted or any snake and how to treat

Cheers
Laikin

Spotteds are just like any other Antaresia to keep, and don't come with any special problems you won't find in other pythons. They're one of the easiest of all pythons to keep.

As with keeping reptiles in general, the #1 consideration is temperature. A warm end of around 33 degrees (a little warmer won't hurt as long as there's a cool end) and a cool end which spends most of the day below 28 degrees and preferably never goes above 30 degrees (if it occasionally goes a little above 30 for a short time on hot days it's okay), and you're most of the way there. Feed appropriately, don't let the humidity get too dry (usually this is not an issue because you have a water bowl, but increase the size of the water bowl if it is an issue) or too high (sufficient ventilation will prevent this) and you should have 99% of your husbandry nailed :) I got my first ones the best part of 30 years ago and most recently fed one a few hours ago. Great snakes!

Latest posts

Back