Spotted Python Tank Set-up

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MineralMagic

Not so new Member
Reaction score
so basically, i have a 4ft tank that holds around 45 gallons. I think it's around 2ft deep and 2ft high but that's just a guess. I was planning to get a blue tongue skink; as i have the heat lamp and uvb light set-up, but i've had three different experiences of trying to purchase one and people just eventually not replying at all. I'm getting frustrated and there's no more adds for BTS around my area. So i was thinking i might get a spotted python instead? It's a big tank; no lid right now but i should be able to get a screen lid somewhere (any ideas where, exactly?) it has sugar cane mulch as a substrate, and it's around 40 degrees celcius in the hot spot (i know that's quite hot, but a lid would allow me to move the heatlamp further up anyway) it has a few hides and over all seems to be an alright tank. Would a spotted python/childrens python work in here? Please let me know; because i don't think this BTS thing will work out.

I don't think a fish tank type enclosure would work out for a spotted python as they are quite strong and could push open a lid ,they really need to be in a wooden/glass enclosure with front opening,I realize it's a bit late for the expo's but that is your best bet for finding a BTS, or check out facebook site ,bluetongue madness

I don't think a fish tank type enclosure would work out for a spotted python as they are quite strong and could push open a lid ,they really need to be in a wooden/glass enclosure with front opening,I realize it's a bit late for the expo's but that is your best bet for finding a BTS, or check out facebook site ,bluetongue madness

If i weigh down the lid with bricks or something; perhaps?

here is an example of home made lid,this is for 1 of my tubs to take hatchies outside for some real sun.It is made from 19mm DAR and mouse wire,you could do something similar but with more timber to retain heat.
F$^()For some reason it is impossible to upload pics anymore,S@*%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back