Spotted Python's Together

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmy11193

Reaction score
Hi all,

Question in regards to keeping spotted pythons together. I currently have an 18 month old spotted that is in his own enclosure and everything. I am looking to get a hatchie blond spotted and I was wondering if they can be kept in the same enclosure if the hatchie is keep kn a smaller container for the heat. Once he gets big enough I plan om getting another enclosure for him.

Thanks in advance.

Don't recommend ever keeping snakes together, although many people have done it, you always run the risk of something bad happening. I worked with snakes for 10 years & once had a customer bring me a female spotted that had tried to eat her partner - prior to this incident they had been housed together for 8 years with no problems. Both snakes were ok thankfully but it's a risk you take.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you are intending to keep it in a smaller container inside the enclosure as you say then there shouldn't be a problem. The problems only arise when keeping multiple snakes in an enclosure that are free to interact with each other.

Remember it will be difficult to maintain the temperature in the small tub when placed into an enclosure.
There is the risk of stress in the younger animal as it might have the other snake crawling all over the tub.

It is do able but I would suggest you are better finding another way.

No way you could put them in together unless you want your new baby eaten.

Housing snakes together is not recommended, but in the least if you do the snakes should be the same size and have plenty of space to get away.

Don't get a new snake if you plan on being cheap- by putting a snake in your current snakes enclosure you're exposing them to each other and any viruses/diseases they have. You might just bring a deadly virus into your collection (such as Sunshine) which will kill your snakes.

All of the above, especially the quarantine issue. Many pathogens can be spread animal to animal through aerosol transmission.
Allow me to offer more advise. Use the search engine on this site, this question has been asked a million times in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back