Spotted still hungry???

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Fay, I had him on fuzzy mice but I switched to pinky rats because I wanted to get him on rats. lol I hear people have trouble switching from mice to rats but my snake will eat anything,MHD ate the rat straight away! I think I'll get fuzzy rats now :)

Fay do fuzzies count or is it really only weaner stage that the bones and fur are developed enough?
Haha the bonus of upsizing is it's awesome to see them really have to stretch to get something that big down

Thanks Fay, I had him on fuzzy mice but I switched to pinky rats because I wanted to get him on rats. lol I hear people have trouble switching from mice to rats but my snake will eat anything,MHD ate the rat straight away! I think I'll get fuzzy rats now :)

Just to add to that, there is no reason why any ant cannot just live on mice all their lives. Other pythons, yes get them onto rats....but mice are fine for ants.

Your snake is still in "food mode", they can still smell the food, you can still catch a bite

I would give your snake another fuzzy mouse or two then next feed day give him something bigger. My year old childreni are eating Fuzzy to small weaner rats. They were easy to switch over also from mice. When your snake poos is there alot there as this can also indicate if the food is big enough if there is little to no poo then you need to upsize as they are absobing everything that they are eating. There is nothing to say that you can't feed out of your enclosure but feeding them in their enclosure doesn't make them bitey they will be enclosure defensive no matter weather you feed in or out if they are that way inclined. But the important thing is to feed him some more now and upsize next feed then he will be content as he will have a full belly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back