Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lloyd2302

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!

Been reading forums on here for a while and couldn't keep away, I am new too keeping snakes, I have had an Eastern Bluetongue since I was a boy but now I have left home and am allowed a snake (I know :rolleyes:) I was tossing up on either a coastal carpet python or a spotted python, being my first snake I am now leaning toward a spotted python but I would love too have a coastal carpet, one of my favourite snakes. I was just wondering if coastal carpets are okay for a beginner snake keeper? Or should I play it safe and start with a spotted python? Any opinions, thoughts, advice or suggestions is a help.

well i started off with a spotted however i soon after got a coastal.....i actually sold my spotted. I found my spotted a little boring to be honest and i wanted a bigger snake. Personal choice i spose, goodluck with whatever you choose! oh and get a hatchling whatever u do its so fun watching them grow :)

My first snake was a coastal carpet when i was 14 and loved it, I didn't have any trouble with looking after it so I many be biased as I've never kept a spotted python but would imagine it wouldn't be much different apart from size!Obviously the carpets get a fair bit bigger so as long as you can cope with handling the larger size and the feeding and husbandry etc I would see any reason why you couldn't get a coastal first up! Maybe some spotted keepers could give you a inside to keeping themGood luck

i own a darwin carpet and a childrens python and out of them 2 i definently prefer the carpet pythons so im planning on getting a coastal in the future
but ultimately its up to you and what you prefer so goodluck with whatever you choose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back