Ssss film

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

caz2y5

Reaction score
So I've just watched the 1973 film, "Ssss".

As much as I love old horror and trashy sci-fi films i found this one to be an interesting look on how Hollywood sees Snakes. most of the film i spent laughing at the obviously rubber snakes and when Starbuck from Battlestar Galactica turns into a king cobra.

For a start the Herpetologist states that snakes in captivity don't eat. then he proceeds to force feed the snake with a tube and syringe apparatus. a mix of proteins, eggs, vitamins and chicken blood for taste.

Then of course in a later scene you see them giving one of the snakes a live rodent.

Anyway i was wondering if anyone else has seen the film. or seen another film with an interesting portrayal of snakes. real or giant rubber ones.

would love to hear of ones i haven't seen or other people's opinions on the ones I have.

Don’t quote me on this.. but from memory the anaconda films were good (bad) for this bad portrayal of snakes in captivity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back