Stacked bay enclosures

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bl69aze

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
hi guys just wondering everyone’s opinion on the stacked enclosures usually seen 3 high (see picture for reference)

Trying to clear some space and multiple 1000x600 enclosures taking up a lot of valuable room.

So id like to have something built like in the picture, maybe not as fancy but you get the idea.

I’ve talked to stepdad and he likes the idea of snakes being able to climb and stretch out where as I say they are more comfortable in secluded areas, and they can go outside for a stretch.

We have a coastal carpet 7ft
Diamond python 5ft
And a darwin i would like to fit in the 3rd bay.

Would these guys be ok in them, I have seen coastal sand Darwin’s but never diamonds in the bays.

Do you provide them a branch for “basking” even though the lights would be quite low.

F8653E25-B97E-42DC-8048-16EE2A0D8269.jpeg

Diamond I keep in LARGE enclosures and separate from the others due to their arboreal behaviour.
That said I do use/build stacks for my BHP's. and they work a treat so long as it isn't a species that will climb.

Something to keep in mind is that the enclosures below will heat the enclosures above to a small degree.

I've been using them for years due to space restrictions and they work just fine once you adjust your temps to suit.

Diamond I keep in LARGE enclosures and separate from the others due to their arboreal behaviour.
That said I do use/build stacks for my BHP's. and they work a treat so long as it isn't a species that will climb.

By large are you referring to simply a taller enclosure to allow for climbing or all dimensions? My diamond just hit the year mark and im starting to investigate long term housing options

By large are you referring to simply a taller enclosure to allow for climbing or all dimensions? My diamond just hit the year mark and im starting to investigate long term housing options

Mine are MINIMUM 1800 tall, 900 wide and 600 deep. Not saying thats what eveyone should use but its what I use. Some larger animals are in wider/deeper ones,

Something to keep in mind is that the enclosures below will heat the enclosures above to a small degree.
You can even use this to your advantage. I've got a four bay that's heated by just two heat panels :)

So I’ve been looking at the bays that use a “heat box” if you will.. pretty much a divider to make a nice warm room around 36-37 from heating outside the bay.
Apparently it’s good because it gets the snake active if they are usually an active species and they move from one room to the other which stops them getting fat

??? Please explain

Commonly used on certain species such as BHP's
It’s got heat cord underneath and heat cord above for the bay above it, I guess u could add a che or something but that’d take up space

hi guys just wondering everyone’s opinion on the stacked enclosures usually seen 3 high (see picture for reference)

Trying to clear some space and multiple 1000x600 enclosures taking up a lot of valuable room.

So id like to have something built like in the picture, maybe not as fancy but you get the idea.

I’ve talked to stepdad and he likes the idea of snakes being able to climb and stretch out where as I say they are more comfortable in secluded areas, and they can go outside for a stretch.

We have a coastal carpet 7ft
Diamond python 5ft
And a darwin i would like to fit in the 3rd bay.

Would these guys be ok in them, I have seen coastal sand Darwin’s but never diamonds in the bays.

Do you provide them a branch for “basking” even though the lights would be quite low.

View attachment 322789
Am I reading that right @Bl69aze, you have a 7ft Coastal in a 1000mm long enclosure?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back