Steve Irwin's Wildlife Warriors a new series on Australia's Network Ten

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahahaha. No, actually. I was referring to that South African cretin, Austin Stevens... now, after mentioning his name, let me join you in your sub-buccal gastronimic expulsion

Last edited:
Hahahaha. No, actually. I was referring to that South African cretin, Austin Stevens... now, after mentioning his name, let me join you in your sub-buccal gastronimic expulsion

Living here now.

Steve should of wore sunscreen..
Not sure if they make stingray proof sunscreen yet..

In all honesty though, the man could be admired for some things and criticized for others. I was not a fan of his but respect the awareness he taught some folk even though it was the wrong sort.

Why do you all think Attenborough is any less 'disturbing' on nature than Iriwin (was)?

You don't think the BBC got all that documentary footage by staying at a large distance from all those wild creatures - even all those shots inside underground lairs and nests, they were done without disturbing the relative occupants... Not to mention the amounts of times that a rat would have to walk in front of a snake (just by luck?) in order to catch that shot... Surely they'd never articulate such an occurrence to catch it for our edutainment?

How it differs from Irwin... Irwin made it clear he was disturbing nature... The BBC masked it.

Slim6y

IMO....it's not about the behind the scenes and set ups.

It is the extreme difference in the mannerisms of the people mentioned...personally my feelings were disturbed with one and heartwarming with the other...Guess which is which ?

Slim6y

IMO....it's not about the behind the scenes and set ups.

It is the extreme difference in the mannerisms of the people mentioned...personally my feelings were disturbed with one and heartwarming with the other...Guess which is which ?

Yes, I agree with you there - but a lot of people seem to compare the 'disturbing of nature' that Irwin did (more in your face) and then seem to neglect every other doco ever made is equally (and in some cases more so) disturbing of the nature they're filming... In fact, I'd go as far as saying Irwin's set up were less 'set up' than the BBC's set ups :)

the difference between Attenborough and Irwin is

Attenborough was a quietly spoken man who more often the not was sitting or standing and talking about an animal in its environment (im not naive enough to think nothing was staged)

Irwin portrayed an image of khaki clad yaboo's running around the bush picking up snakes, jumping on crocodile backs all the time screaming 'crickey' not an image, i as an Australian, want to be associated with, he looked and sounded like an idiot most of the time but the yanks lapped it all up

thats how things work i guess now the kids are being used

Personally I think he was and is still a great wildlife advocate. However I think he almost makes handling deadly animals look to easy and that gives a false sense ability to the people who don't know any better.

he says everytime he is working with a potentially deadly animals not to copy or try any of this as he is an expert. i don't see what the problem is with him handling the animal with care and skill .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back