Stiff carpet python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sharpy

Reaction score
Ok she is about 18 yrs old at least and been really good till the last few weeks. Has trouble bending her body to curl around a rat to eat it. And place her in the water bowl and she just curls up in the first1/2 to 2/3 of a meter. Like arthritis. Dont look good at all. Rest of body is ok just looks painful to watch her try and curl around a rat. thanks

I can't help you mate but I wish you both the best of luck.
Sounds like you're both having some pain at the moment.

id take her to the Vet. You dont want her suffering or in pain.

It sounds like an oldage complication of some sort. sometimes you have to make the hard decisions.

very sad.

18yrs old, wow! Have you had her the entire time? I cant offer advice as to what it may be, but age does sound like a likely factor. I agree a vet check would be best. I wish you the best in where you go from there, as mentioned above, sometimes we have to make hard choices, & this may be one of them. I will be thinking of you & your girl.

Personally your best bet is a vet mate. not too many members on here would have much of an idea of what this issue could be. good luck with it, hope it turns out well.

Maybe the vet can offer pain relief. They do for old dogs and cats why not an old snake? I wouldn't give up on the old dear yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back