• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Pythons and Snakes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Stimson Python Breeders

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stimsonsssss

Reaction score
Hi all
I'm looking to find a Stimson python breeder in Sydney and wondering if anyone knows any?
Thanks

That's ok. Wasn't looking for one until about halfway through next year or a bit before. I looked at a place called colorful critters, is that place any good?

That's ok. Wasn't looking for one until about halfway through next year or a bit before. I looked at a place called colorful critters, is that place any good?
Colorful critters is (or was, not sure if still) owned by Peter birch so yes it is very good

Ok thank you. Was just checking that it wasn't a pet store or had bad conditions or something like that. Also, for a fully grown Stimson what size enclosure is the best? And what furnishings do I need?

Ok thank you. Was just checking that it wasn't a pet store or had bad conditions or something like that. Also, for a fully grown Stimson what size enclosure is the best? And what furnishings do I need?
Being a non arboreal species, they won’t benefit from a tall enclosure, so more ground space is better, something like 4’wx2’h would be enough
[doublepost=1545780245,1545780170][/doublepost]
Being a non arboreal species, they won’t benefit from a tall enclosure, so more ground space is better, something like 4’wx2’h would be enough
As for furniture, you will need a heat source, preferably a Bunnings downlight and hides and even some fake desert shrubs would be nice

A stimmy wont need a 4x2x2.
3x2x2 will be plenty, they are less than 100cm (39 inches) fully grown.
We have stimmies,spotteds,childrens and pygmy banded pythons and none will ever need bigger than 3x2x2.
1 of my sons has a childrens in a 120x50x50cm (less than4x2x2) and it never moves that far.
As for furniture, a small cave ,water bowl, a couple of low branches,fake trees and any thing else you might want to decorate it.
Some people like strawberry pots upside down,this gives them multiple entry points. The possibilities are endless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back