Stimson python breeding temperatures

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alessandrio

Reaction score
Hi everyone, im new here and have been keeping lizards and snakes for a couple years now, I want to try get into breeding stimson pythons this year. I just want to get familiar with a couple things before the mating season.

Is it essential to have day and night temperatures in order for successful breeding ?

at the moment i only have my snake rack at 31 degrees and that is constant 24 hours per day, I was curious on, if you will need day and night temperatures in order to breed stimson pythons successfully ?

im not too sure if people do have day and night cycles on there stimmys and then when winter hits and the colder months start to come they drop there temperature by around 5 degrees to trigger mating,

so my final question is that is it essential to have a day and night temperature cycle in both summer and winter in order to trigger breeding ? thanks in advance

Generally speaking if any reptiles are provided with a constant temperature all year round, it will greatly reduce their chances of breeding. Reptiles are dependant on variations in the season to stimulate mating activities.

A cooling down period improves sperm development and aids in production of ovum.

Throughout the season temperatures vary along with the photoperiod eg. Temps as low as 17c in winter to 36c in summer. Daytime heating hours from lows of 7-8 hours to 14 hours for summer.

So to answer your question I'd day yes!

look up breeding stimsons pythons or breeding antaresia species they all have similar requirements when it comes to breeding regimes!

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back