Stimsons not eating....

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes you wonder if where they are actually bred is more of an influence than any genetic coding. Most of those bred would be of mixed locale in all likelihood so if I cross a southern and a northern while living in Sydney which trait would win?

It's a really interesting question and one I've asked myself. Regardless of where an Antaresia species originally hails from, if it's multiple generations captive bred, would it develop behaviour patterns to align with it's new locality? In other words, would an Alice Stimmy born and bred in Sydney brumate where the same sub-species kept in Cairns might not???

Makes you wonder if where they are actually bred is more of an influence than any genetic coding. Most of those bred would be of mixed locale in all likelihood so if I cross a southern and a northern while living in Sydney which trait would win?
It must to some degree. In the usa and uk they breed Australian pythons acording to their seasons. Which are complete opposite.

It must to some degree. In the usa and uk they breed Australian pythons acording to their seasons. Which are complete opposite.

That's true...

UPDATE - just like that - my Stimmy has switched off. He gobbled down his food last week, today, he's shown some interest, but basically isn't food motivated at all. I've left a mouse with him, but expect to find it still intact tomorrow morning. Will try again in a week, but I'd suggest he's slowing down for Winter already.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back