Stimson's Rejected Food Twice

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Muhchelly

Reaction score
Hey guys!

Just wondering if you could me some advice.

I got a 3 year old stimson's python about 3 weeks ago. He hasn't eaten since 6th of March.
I offered him a mouse on 4th April which he rejected. I waited exactly two week and have offered him another mouse today which he has just rejected.

I took him to the vet last week for a general checkup and he is in great shape.

His mice are frozen thawed in a plastic baggie in warm water.

His cool side is 27 and warm side is 34.

Is there anything you guys could recommend I do to get him eating? The previous owner said he usually feeds once every month.

Just wanted to know if I'm doing anything wrong at all! Beingg a new snake owner I'm so worried that he hasn't eaten in so long.

Hey guys!

Just wondering if you could me some advice.

I got a 3 year old stimson's python about 3 weeks ago. He hasn't eaten since 6th of March.
I offered him a mouse on 4th April which he rejected. I waited exactly two week and have offered him another mouse today which he has just rejected.

I took him to the vet last week for a general checkup and he is in great shape.

His mice are frozen thawed in a plastic baggie in warm water.

His cool side is 27 and warm side is 34.

Is there anything you guys could recommend I do to get him eating? The previous owner said he usually feeds once every month.

Just wanted to know if I'm doing anything wrong at all! Beingg a new snake owner I'm so worried that he hasn't eaten in so long.

Sooo my guess would be your boy has decided he's all grown up and wants to cool himself and look for a girlfriend :)
They tend to stop feeding but stay active :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sooo my guess would be your boy has decided he's all grown up and wants to cool himself and look for a girlfriend :)
They tend to stop feeding but stay active :)

Ahh, how long does this tend to last? Usually over the cold period?

Yeah a few months they generally won't loose weight in this time either :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back