Stolen Gecko Returned Unharmed

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MrBredli

Published: 15/1/09
Source: http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,24917823-3102,00.html

0,,6442098,00.jpg

A BABY gecko stolen from a Toowoomba pet shop last week has been mysteriously returned.

Select A Pet owner Jenni Neal was devastated last Wednesday when she discovered her "little cutie" was the only thing taken by thieves who kicked down a door to break into her shop.

But she was even more surprised to find the gecko back in his enclosure as she prepared it for some new residents.

"I lifted up his water dish and there he was," Ms Neal said.

"At first I thought, 'I'm in so much trouble, what if he's been there the whole time?'

"But when I spoke to the police, they said: 'There was no way we could've missed him. He wouldn't have hidden in there for a week'."

She said the thick-tailed gecko was in "good shape" and appeared to have been well cared for.

"He wasn't hungry, he wasn't thirsty. But he was happy to see me. He was giving me little kisses on the cheek," Ms Neal said.

Police were continuing to investigate, she said. "I've been told the investigation is heading in the right direction."

As for the gecko, Ms Neal said he was again up for sale and despite his celebrity status, his price would remain at $130.

"I could very easily take him home, but I won't," she said.

"He wasn't hungry, he wasn't thirsty. But he was happy to see me. He was giving me little kisses on the cheek," Ms Neal said :shock:

Gawd spare me.Bet he was under the water bowl the entire time too!

Still "investigating" as well,apparently they have assembled a team of detectives to crack the case wide open. :rolleyes: Stay tuned for the mini series.

I bet it was under the water dish too,whats there to investigate...

Maybe she'l learn to look a little harder for the gecko next time

this is the funniest thing I have read in along time ...its like one of those old time police comedy films with "inspector plod" :lol:and we all know how in tuned most "petshop" workers are with reptiles...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Haha, what an idiot. Guarantee it was there the whole time, like some one would go through the effort to steel it, then put it back.
And the gecko was happy to see her? LOL! kissing her on the cheek... I bet he was wagging his tail like a dog too.

Read the article people.

the POLICE said "He wouldn't have hidden in there for a week."

I think the police would know guys :rolleyes:

Yes, I have to admit that the "thieves" were very kind and considerate to return the gecko to its enclosure.
Makes one wonder if the enclosure had a locked door and if so just how the "thieves" knew where the key was.

oh my god. people tick me off. mine hide underneath things the whole damn time until extremely late at night. that woman is a bit specieal.hmmmmm

Totally Reptiles in Rosanna was broken into recently . They ran past snakes and lizards worth thousands and stole the till which just had the float . l remember another burg years ago when the brainiacs propped a friends window open with an expensive guitar to steal a cheap vcr .

Totally Reptiles in Rosanna was broken into recently . They ran past snakes and lizards worth thousands and stole the till which just had the float . l remember another burg years ago when the brainiacs propped a friends window open with an expensive guitar to steal a cheap vcr .

Ahhhhh so many smart cookies;)

A car was stolen from accross the road, one of the 07 model suv thingys, and the poor neighbours were devastated.. The next morning the car was returned, no damage besides a slightly bent lock.
Who knows why some people steal stuff.

If the gecko was stolen, perhaps it was a teenager and mum found out demanding him to take it back and apologise or something, then the kid decides to just sneak it back like nothing happened.
Or even Guilt?
But then, why would someone break into a petshop? Its not like your gona get much merch to sell off to pay for your drug habit huh.

But then, why would someone break into a petshop? Its not like your gona get much merch to sell off to pay for your drug habit huh.

LOL although there is a certain pet shop in Melb, with reptiles, that makes most of their money selling the white powder... And no I don't mean calcium powder ;)

Hahahaha, typical crims, they dont have much going on upstairs half the time.

Haha, my mum used to work with a guy who constantly had his car stolen, he didn't mind as they'd return it every time with a full tank!

Hahaha it was probably there the whole time!!

... and why would you steal a gecko worth $200?? :rolleyes::lol:

Animals arnt worth squat on the black market, its only worth stealing stuff like mobile phones, pda's, laptops, and other technology stuff.
A dealer is not going to buy animals in exchange for drugs.

So id say it was some teens that did it for the rush

stolen gecko

Considering they are ground dwellers it would have been there te whole time for sure. I recon this should be nominated for dumb ar-se of the year award. LOL LOL LOL:D:D:D.
I WONDER HOW MANY DETECTIVES WERE ONTO IT. LOL LOL
WHAT GENERISE THEIVES I HOPE THEY GAVE THEMSELVES A PAT ON THE BACK.

I'm guessing it's been there the whole time and the story of how it was stolen and then returned is just a cover for their mistake. The door was probably kicked in by vandals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back