Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very sorry to hear that but it seems all too common nowadays. This hobby seems to have more than it's fair share of people willing to stab others in the back and do the wrong thing. It makes me so angry.

im very sorry to hear that neil i hope you get them back.

[/quote]
i was charged when the would be thief got a six inch nail through the bottom of his foot..
Well thats typical,you get charged and the intruder gets probable a good behavour bond. :? That will probable happen when and if they catch the oxygen thief/thieves that took neils herps.

Thor1 said:
maybe a good idea is to have a free roaming ven inside your reptile area??

I wonder how a freshwater croc will go in my outdoor turtle pond.......

Thor1 said:
thats what i was thinking.
and i hope neil gets his babies back!

That's an old trick, but a very illegal one (also quite unfair on the snake and dangerous to anyone who might go into the room, thieves and non thieves alike). A few people (usually not people interested in snakes).

sssssnakeman: you should have set it up to put the six inch nail through the head instead. Dead people don't sue, and thieves aren't people anyway, certainly not animal thieves. (No no, I wasn't serious, just joking, fictional/hypothetical/surrealist/symbolically was the way I meant that!). Yes, sarcasm *cough* etc etc etc

;) ;) ;)

Looks like it is an expensive and well set up herp room, but it had no alarm system?

Thor1: if it was just a prop it would be legal, but if it had hypodermic syringes for fangs and it was programmed to bite people, it would be illegal (despite being more impressive than the stuff Q comes up with).

Funny that people are allowed to have guard dogs but not booby traps. Then again, burglars have sued the owners of guard dogs after being attacked. Sick sad world :(

I thought the law had been changed about been sued if they hurt themselves on your property?
If not you could always just drag them out the front and then its your word against theres :D

Strange1 said:
Thor1 said:

I wonder how a freshwater croc will go in my outdoor turtle pond.......

mmm, Blaxland, not to well I think.

Sorry to hear about Neil's loss. Met him a few times when he used to buy Rats from us over at Wangaratta. Really nice fella, and he's probably worked very hard to get where he is. Hope they get the rotten sods! Cheers Cheryl

peterescue said:
mmm, Blaxland, not to well I think.

I'll have to heat it....

prepare for another "Argh power bills!" thread lol

kabuto said:
It was good to see neils facilities ;however ,in unfortunate circumstances.I am just building my new snake house and i will be putting reinforcing bar through the studs to keep the buggers out ,as well as all the other man traps that im planning.

You could free the Browns at night or when your away... :lol: Just a thought ,the extrems ppl have to go through to keep there collection safe.

I agree

Jumala said:
Sorry for your loss Neil. :-(
Unfortunately incidents like this will make people who have animals even more wary about:
a) who they let into their house;
b) telling people what is in their collection;
c) showing people their collection.

Unfortunately there are people out there who are too willing to take advantage of a situation. Hopefully karma will have its way ......

I know of a couple of mods who made the same comment to me about being wary and carefull who they let in their house (after I had an issue recently). I can't agree with them more. It is so unfortunate that people who are willing to open up their herp set-ups to everyone are getting burnt like this. There is no such thing as trust anymore.

I know who I can trust and those people are welcome at my house anytime (SWAFOUBnLNE).

Sammccarthy said:
just wondering why did they only take those animals it lokks like you had a lot more there and i agree it would have to been someone that had been to your house before.

real sory neil

I do not know if any one has answered this for you,but it is because the ones that were taken are worth more and quicker to get rid of where a low life s**t is concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back