stonewash bredli ??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chappo89

Reaction score
I recently heard of a morph of bredli python called "stonewash" I've tried finding out more with little luck other than some pics. I'm wondering if someone can tell me more about this morph and if they are they available in Australia?

Is this name from overseas? They do some very unusual breeding overseas. The other day on an overseas forum I commented on someone's "coastal" python, which looked very much like a jag. He told me that there was no way it was a jag, but line bred for the colours. Very interesting when you know that it is very rare to find pure carpets overseas.

there were a couple of bredli bred in australia that look pretty much identical to the stonewash bredli,but not sure if it was proved to be genetic or not.. Someone here might have the answer..

there were a couple of bredli bred in australia that look pretty much identical to the stonewash bredli,but not sure if it was proved to be genetic or not.. Someone here might have the answer..
The person that had them contracted SV.
I wouldn't hold my breath for hatchies.

They look almost like hypos but with a few more light spots. Certainly look interesting.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I have a male that I'm still working on proving out. More than one person has examples of these animals in Australia, that's sad to hear one of the others has come down a case of SV what a shame. :(

He's been put over a normal female this season so fingers crossed for eggs - but if it's a recessive trait as it is overseas, then will still be a few years wait before I know for sure.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies guys, really sad to hear about the case of sv. It's at least good to hear that the morph is here in Australia. Fingers are crossed for u vixen, he looks amazing.

Vixen, that snake looks awesome. Better than the others I saw photos of :eek:

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Same thing, Stonewash is just the name given to the oveaseas morph but in Australia it's been called both Freckle / Stonewash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back