Story time: How did your snake escape?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

-Adam-

Reaction score
Browsing this forum it seems that many people have had snakes escape from their enclosure. There are some great ideas about how to find the escapee.

However I haven't found much information on how the snakes escaped, and was curious as to what methods (or human errors) are common for escaped snakes.

If you've had an escaped snake (or know of someone who has) and know how it happened, would you mind sharing your story please?

I went away for a couple days (let’s say Friday to Monday ) my mum fed the snake on sunday but slid the wrong glass door ... I came home and freaked out

But then in corner of my eye saw a tail slip into a paper bag on my door handle about 4ft away!

As for how most snakes escape... people underestimate the size they can slip through

Last edited:
My hatchy coastal managed to squeeze her way through her tub where the cord came out. The lid was a tiny bit loose where the cord was. I freaked out and turned my room upside down. She wasn't anywhere. Then In the corner of my eye I see a little tail come out of the window. Turned out my coastal hatchy managed to squeeze herself under the window!

Sent from my CPH1725 using Tapatalk

my daughter didn't click the clip shut on the door and our swcp went slithering in the night. we found her under 'in' the couch all curled up and tired from her adventures.

my daughter was "reading her a story" before bed and fell asleep.. so not an escape just an accidental release...found her in the bedside draw as it was open a crack.
things tend to be more supervised now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back