Straddled

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuscus

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
In the ironically named sunshine coast, surrounded
Drove up to Malaney in the Sunshine coast hinterland today. Used Google maps to plot the course which was properly a mistake as it sent us up a dirt road that turned out to be a no through road.
Anyhow, going round a bend and there is a snake across the road. No way to brake or avoid so I attempted to drive over the snake, then braked, got out and checked the snake. As I hoped the wheels missed the animal and she had realized that being on the road was not good idea and was busy getting off it.
I have tentatively ID ed the snake as a Golden Crowned snake Cacophis squamulosus, she wasn't that keen on sticking around .

No pics so it may not have happened.

So if I read this right, You missed hitting the snake and it got away unharmed.
If so, great work on your defensive driving skills. Im happy to hear there isnt another roadkill out there :D
If not, you suck and its time for you to take a defensive driving course :evil:

So if I read this right, You missed hitting the snake and it got away unharmed....
You did read it right, while I did drive over the snake, I also did miss it with all four tires which is the important part. Fortunately it was a small snake, less than a meter, so it was possible to drive over. A bigger snake across the road might not have been so lucky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back