Stress indicators in shinglebacks?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fallimar

Reaction score
Hi,

I've got a lovely shingle who seems happy, healthy, eats and poops well. She is, however, obsessed with watching my cat. I'm not particularly worried as I figure she'd move AWAY from the cat or do her threat display if she were really bothered, but she seems to actually move as close to the cat as possible and try to get her scent. Looks like curiosity to me but then I'm not a full bottle on shingle stress behaviours.

I'd like to learn, all I see online so far is info on their threat display, nothing on other body language or behaviours that'd indicate stress. Anything else I should look out for to make sure she's happy?
Would also love any resources on more specific bobtail behaviour if there are any about.

Cheers.

my shingles dont arent the biggest fan of my Gliders for what ever reason they have never shown any inclination that are scared of my dog

Yeah, I think she's fine, honestly. Seems to actually LIKE the cat, which is weird but really funny. Put them both on the ground and Pepper will actually chase after the cat and try to lick her nose. Thankfully, cat's used to me having weird critters around and completely ignores them so I'm not worried about injuries, but never leave them unsupervised either.
Love how weird shingles can be, so simultaneously chilled out and grumpy, lol

Latest posts

Back