Stupid parents leaving kids in cars..

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sunny_girl

Not so new Member
Reaction score
This morning we were out shopping, my son had to use the bathroom so I take him over to the servo across the road. Walked past a car and heard a baby crying, I kept an eye on the car while my boy used the toilet, there was no one else in the servo except employees. Walked back over to the shop to ask them to announce something, they said they didn't have a PA, so I went back over to the car, baby still screaming. Couldn't see the baby because of the shades but could see it was rear facing babyseat and by the cry would say only a couple of months old. My hubby and I called the cops, cops made it there promptly but it would have been 15+ minutes since I first heard the baby crying and no one had come to check it. When the cops broke in there was also a little girl in the car maybe 2 or 3. A second cop car arrived and parked infront of the car, the mother must have seen that and FINALLY came running out just as an ambulance and nrma arrived as well.

The cops called me an hour or so later to say thank you for calling them, he said the baby was ok but was a little over heated.

Very impressed with the police today :)

Child protective services will be interviewing the mother at a later date.

Excuse me Ma'am it would appear you fall far short of being a great mother, would you mind just popping your head in this plastic bag for me?

god i hate people haha. some people dont deserve anything!

Child protective services will be interviewing the mother at a later date.
she should of had the baby taken off her straight away..... sad thing is nothing will happen.

People still do it to dogs as well. I have no problem calling the coppers. I know their number off by heart

No maybe not but she got the fright of her life and a stern lecture from 4 police officers so I don't think she'll be so stupid again!

Good on you for calling someone and doing something about it.

Had a very similar case a few years back when I worked at a supermarket. There were two women, one at the hairdressers next door and one in the shop. The baby was in the car for ten minutes that I noticed (at this point in time we didn't know who or where the parents were), so we did a PA announcement and called the cops. Finally the woman in our shop went and got the other woman from the hairdressers and unlocked the car just before the cops got there. The woman that was in our shop was pregnant to the max, she came through my register the second time and she absolutely stunk of cigarette smoke. It was disgusting!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back