Sub-Forum suggestion

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Variety

Reaction score
I know you probably have thought about this before and there would no doubt be many obvious reasons why you hav'nt gone along with it but i feel that these boards could beneffit from a "Morph" sub forum whether it be one to discuss general morphs across all species or divided into "Morelia Morphs"," Ant Morphs" Etc. I find myself browing other forums (which are completely deserted)just for this and feel that with the new mods ASP could now successfully moderate such a controversial topic.

Of course have a strict rule in these sub forums relating to jags and all other touchy topics, just a thought

cheers

Variety,thats a great idea. i have only been an APS user for 6 months now, but i have found myself on other forums occasionaly looking for morph's or jag's and info on them, like you said they are deserted and dont have the feel of APS i feel at home here and dont like using these forums.I crave info on snakes and other reptiles and i am always reading about other peoples experience's, i can only get that here so yeah great idea....

I could see some problems with this. First being too many subheadings can become cluttered and confusing. Secondly would it be just for pythons? Would there be one as well for colubrids? Thirdly, what about hybrids? How bout us not from Oz? Would there be a subheading for every exotic? Lastly, would it be held just to snakes? Can't leave out the lizards and amphibians.

Not to stir the pot but I think the mods would be busier moving topics to the correct forum than the posts being made.

As a keeper of natives and "exotics" I think it would be a bit confusing. As of right now, I need to post pictures in the exotic and the native sections. I almost feel as though I'm cluttering up the forum.

I frequent, or used to, frequent several reptile forums. This one to me is the tidiest forums out there.

Then again, if y'all wanted it, I'm down with it. It surely wouldn't make me leave :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Sounds like a cool idea. I think it would keep the mods on their toes though with the number of people on here who can't keep their mouths shut when it comes to morphs and hybrids.

Last edited by a moderator:
I could see some problems with this. First being too many subheadings can become cluttered and confusing. Secondly would it be just for pythons? Would there be one as well for colubrids? Thirdly, what about hybrids? How bout us not from Oz? Would there be a subheading for every exotic? Lastly, would it be held just to snakes? Can't leave out the lizards and amphibians.

Not to stir the pot but I think the mods would be busier moving topics to the correct forum than the posts being made.

As a keeper of natives and "exotics" I think it would be a bit confusing. As of right now, I need to post pictures in the exotic and the native sections. I almost feel as though I'm cluttering up the forum.

At the moment there are Australian snakes, Australian lizards, Other Australian Reptiles and amphibians as well as exotics. A morph sub forum for all of these would probably be ideal but maybe not enough interest to keep them looking healthy so perhaps a sub forum for all forms of morphs across all reptiles/amphibs would be sufficient. After all anything is better then nothing (Which we have now)

I frequent, or used to, frequent several reptile forums. This one to me is the tidiest forums out there.

Then again, if y'all wanted it, I'm down with it. It surely wouldn't make me leave :D

I think it great. It could have a section for morliea, ant, aspidites, liasis, Australian lizards, other australian snakes, hyprids and exotics.
I see many possibilities and can expand this forum for everyone. Plus it would be good for all the new super nannies ;) (no offense mods)

Sorry everyone I'm to lazy to go through the replies, so forgive me if this has already been said. @Variety I think that's a great idea. The forum can be morph discussion with stickies for species with descriptions of the morphs and pictures.

I don't understand?:?

I didnt explain very well. What i meant was, this section (morphs) could be like a present to the new mods. At the bottom it would say Mods 2012. Then when the next mods come they could have a section, kinda of like a way of remember the mods,it would be just like a plaque except its a section. What im trying to say is it could be memory of the mods

- - - Updated - - -

You could apply the same argument to any one of numerous specific topic, many of which are a lot more recurrent than morphs e.g. heating, feeding, breeding, incubating eggs, health issues, photography, any of the sub-groups in “other reptiles” etc. There are lots of specific interests groups that could be catered for in this manner. The question that arises is there anything special to be gained by doing so?

What do would see sub-forum achieving? Exchange of photos? Clutch results from specific crosses? Names of breeders of specific morphs? Chatting about likes, dislikes, sharing excitement & disappointments? Anything else?

Special interests groups are, in fact, catered for under the groups section of APS. Unfortunately this section has not been utilised in the manner intended by a significant number of people. Nor is it cleaned up when groups become inactive – so they sit there and clutter it up. There are a couple of groups devoted to albinos.

I would suggest that the best way to go is to start up a thread on morphs (or morphs of a specific group) and keep it alive by using it each time someone wants to post some something on morphs. The thread “Antaresia Freaks” is a classic example. And by using the thread on a regular basis, people become aware of its existence.

Blue

What do would see sub-forum achieving? Exchange of photos? Clutch results from specific crosses? Names of breeders of specific morphs? Chatting about likes, dislikes, sharing excitement & disappointments? Anything else?
Blue

Nailed it ;)

I do see what you're saying and take that into account but i see morphs being catered alot more to in a sub forum then a topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back