Sub-Forum suggestion

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t disagree. However, if you take it to its logical conclusion and do so the same for all such deserving groups, readers are going to spend a lot more time sieving through headings instead of threads and posters are going to be even more bamboozled about which specific area an intended thread belongs. So while I appreciate the benefits to be gained for a single sub-forum, I am concerned about the practicalities of fairness and catering for those of equal or greater need. I apologise if it seems I am raining on your parade. I am only trying to look at the big picture and hopefully offer some viable alternatives rather than solely doom and gloom.

Blue

Thanks for your suggestion Variety.
The mod squad is currently discussing it and we'll get back to you shortly. Watch this space.

Sax said:
Sounds like a cool idea. I think it would keep the mods on their toes though with the number of [CENSORED] on here who can't keep their mouths shut when it comes to morphs and hybrids.

First off, let me just say that it is posts like this that are a prime example of why creating a forum like this is deemed to be "too hard". This is a rather controversial topic, where both the proponents and opponents tend to get rather passionate, emotions fly high and before we know it the Site Rules are being broken left, right and centre.

It is not the job of the APS Staff to choose sides in this debate, as it is also not our job to babysit members who have a hard time keeping their emotions/opinions in check.

In light of this we have decided on a compromise. Please note that this is a TRIAL and depending how it goes, we may be open to further discussions on the topic further down the track.

We will open the "Morelia Milkshakes" (albeit heavily moderated) thread up. You may also start new threads, but the topic must be kept to Australian Snakes/Lizards at this stage. Obviously, threads can only be created in these two forums. However, new threads MUST feature the [MORPH] prefix in the title.

As well as the General Site Rules, there are strict conditions in place. These are non-negotiable:

• Absolutely NO fighting/arguing/bickering, etc.
  • Posts are to remain ON-TOPIC. No rubbish posting will be tolerated. This includes "+1" posts. If you like what you see, simply like the post. Please keep posts meaningful. We do not have the time to sift through this stuff just to ensure the rules are being adhered to.
  • Informative posts/questions are permitted, but keep it on point. For example: "What kind of Jag is that ?" is permitted. Adding comments such as "My brother's girlfriend has always wanted one of those" is not necessary and runs the risk of the entire post being deleted.
  • Comments such as "I thought I'd post this up just to annoy the Jag-Haters" OR "Why anyone would want a mongrel head-shaker is beyond me" will NOT be tolerated.
  • Keep it FRIENDLY and ENJOY the thread for what it is.
  • Do NOT retaliate to aggresive posts. Simply use the Report Post function and let the APS Staff deal with it appropriately.
  • This thread is NOT a debate. It is for posting pics/info of relevant animals only.
  • Please RESPECT all your fellow APS members by acting in a respectful manner and keeping your personal opinions to yourself. This goes for EVERYONE.
  • Do NOT quote an entire post of photos just to say "WOW, nice morphs". This is considered rubbish posting and will be deleted.

Failure to adhere to these conditions will be met with deleted posts and locked threads, and the standard infraction process remains in effect. If it gets too much extra work for us then all threads will be locked AND any further discussions on the topic will be abandoned.

At the end of the day, we are doing this so that YOUR APS experience is as enjoyable as possible. Please respect that by adhering to the rules put in place.

The re-opened thread can be found here: http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/australian-snakes-37/morph-morelia-milkshakes-162677/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back