Substrate

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm not saying that. i'm just pointing out what their home is isn't their natural range, yes i prefer when there's bioactive setups etc.

[doublepost=1515038901,1515037242][/doublepost]Occasionally I dress things up a bit, especially for the GTP's but the newspaper remains. The perches are in brackets so they can be changed quickly (GTP's stay on perch when I remove it for a full clean}
View attachment 322629 View attachment 322630

Is that real or faux bamboo foliage (not perch) in your GTP's enclosure? TIA
[doublepost=1529326226][/doublepost]
you might as well keep them in tubs then, stuff that
Not really, because keeper can still enjoy looking at it in an enclosure even if newspaper is the substrate. They are also for us to enjoy and admire. Don't get that benefit in a tub.

I think newspaper actually promotes better cleanliness.
When substrate is cheap people tend to be happy to do a full change as soon as any waste is deposited. When substrate costs a lot, it gets a spot clean, followed by another and another. Expensive doesn't always mean better.

I love newspaper - and mine aren't in tubs. GTP lives in the lounge room with us in a glass enclosure. The first thing people see when they walk in is Green Boy, not newspaper. Yep agree with Paul in that it encourages regular full clean. Plus with substrate hard to see what they are excreting. Easier to monitor bowel and urine movements on newspaper, which can tell you at a glance how your snakes digestion is going without rummaging around substrate

Last edited:
Is that real or faux bamboo foliage (not perch) in your GTP's enclosure? TIA
[doublepost=1529326226][/doublepost]
Not really, because keeper can still enjoy looking at it in an enclosure even if newspaper is the substrate. They are also for us to enjoy and admire. Don't get that benefit in a tub.
Real live bamboo in a pot

I like the recycled paper kitty litter , switching over from newspaper and coconut husk and so far i think it controls odour a bit better and easy to spot clean . Also the breeders choice one is pretty much dust free

I like the recycled paper kitty litter , switching over from newspaper and coconut husk and so far i think it controls odour a bit better and easy to spot clean . Also the breeders choice one is pretty much dust free

Yes agree 100%.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back