Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sturdy

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hello.

so this morning i wake up to one of my bredli dead.

ive only had her for 4 weeks.....

Ive rang up a reptile vet an if the breeder does not want to give me a refund ill be getting the snake checked over to find out what the cause of death was.

she appears to have had a prolapse (spelling)

but since i had her Ive had problems with her
see.
http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/herp-help/concerning-behaviour-need-advice-85432

any advice on what you think it is or... how to approach the breeder.

any help would be great.

man im sorry bout your loss, dunno what id do if that happened to me, let the breeder know that you are going to get it checked out by a vet and when you find out let him/her know. if its to do with something before you got him demand a refund in a passive way

So whats considered the "right" amount of time to pass before a buyer CANT ask for a refund?
I would have said four weeks is too long to turn around and ask for my money back. Not having a go at you, just curious as to what everyone thinks is acceptable.
I would have thought a couple of days max is all a buyer has if their not happy with their purchase.
Again, not having a go at anyone, just interested in what other people think.

the prolapse is got me stumped... but I rang the breeder about 4 days ago asking him about the odd behavior she was displaying, an id told him that she had been doing this since i got her.

id say she had it before i got her but the vet check will say what caused it.

"big ryano"
yeah thats cool man
but shes been odd ever since i got her an Ive let the breeder know an he told me "yeah that's perfectly normal" was his words.

Had the animal eaten for you since you have had her,if not when did she last feed?
Was it showing prolapse before she died?
Did you end up spraying the enclosures with TOD?

I think you should take it to a vet to try and establish why she died before doing anything else.

I think that 4 weeks is acceptable to ask for a refund if you can prove that the animal had a pre-existing condition. If you can't prove it it would be very hard.

Sorry for the loss of your Bredli

If your snake has been behaving oddly since purchase and you have contacted the breeder to discuss this, thenI think 4 weeks is well within your rights for a refund! I mean you get 12 months warranty on a $50 toaster!

I think that 4 weeks is acceptable to ask for a refund if you can prove that the animal had a pre-existing condition. If you can't prove it it would be very hard.

It would be very hard to prove. From my experiences with vets, you could take the animal to five different vets and get a different opinion off each one.

Always tough to lose an animal, but I do think you have contributed somewhat with the heat levels/caging you gave them, this may or may not be a factor depending what the cause of death was.
I would have it checked for OPMV first up, make sure you quarantine your male from any other snakes.
I am hearing so many OPMV stories lately it is very scary, the breeder owes you a full refund if found with the virus imo. Then again 4 weeks is a long time,
Cheers
Adam

Sorry to hear of your bad news.Wait and see what the vet says,If it is a condition that the snake had before you got it you can inform the breeder and see what happens.But unfortunately the stress of moving animals is sometimes enough for them to die.

Had the animal eaten for you since you have had her,if not when did she last feed?
Was it showing prolapse before she died?
Did you end up spraying the enclosures with TOD?

I think you should take it to a vet to try and establish why she died before doing anything else.

well i offered her a rat 1 week ago she bit it then dropped it an wondered off....

i warmed it up again an offered it to her she did the same thing..

did it again but she didnt even bite it.

an no she was not showing a prolapse before she died.

but she was not basking in the hot spot on in the tank.
nor moving much at all.

an yes Ive sprayed the tank in F10 disinfectant

I did ring the breeder to let him know about her an as stated he said its perfectly normal....

well i offered her a rat 1 week ago she bit it then dropped it an wondered off....

i warmed it up again an offered it to her she did the same thing..

did it again but she didnt even bite it.

an no she was not showing a prolapse before she died.

but she was not basking in the hot spot on in the tank.
nor moving much at all.

an yes Ive sprayed the tank in F10 disinfectant

I did ring the breeder to let him know about her an as stated he said its perfectly normal....

OK I very much doubt she had prolapsed.
She didn't feed for you but when was the last time she fed previously?
In your other thread you said you got a can of TOD(not F10) did you use it?

they were 2 yrs old hey? why was the breeder selling them?

after reading your previous thread about her behavour, i would say the seller could very well have known something was up with her. i would be pretty annoyed to buy a pair of bredli only to have the female die 1 month later. get a autopsy. and i would be expecting a refund if i was you.
if it was just a hatchy and young, its a different story, but at 2 years old a snake should be nice and big and healthy. not slugging around and then dying. good luck with it all

OK I very much doubt she had prolapsed.
She didn't feed for you but when was the last time she fed previously?
In your other thread you said you got a can of TOD(not F10) did you use it?

yeah I sprayed the tank for mites.. removed everything out of the tank an gave it a spray an followed the directions on the can perfectly...

im not sure when she last ate.

I rang up my reptile vet an told them that shes got a good part of 4 inchs of her guts coming out her rectum they said she had prolapsed

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back